PDA

View Full Version : The Contender

[censored]
04-03-2005, 11:55 PM
We have our first knock out and perhaps our first villian. I understand the guy wanting to pick his own fight but he went about it like a pussy and that using the "food on his children's plate" card was bullshit.

He did kick the ass though.

Popinjay
04-04-2005, 12:04 AM
I understand what he did but it was a dick move not telling that other guy on his team. Although I didn't really care after I saw him crying because Bonsante took his man.

skoal2k4
04-04-2005, 12:32 AM
deception is part of the game.

SuitedSixes
04-04-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm all for him picking his own guy, but all that "I'm going to have his head on a platter," and pleading with his teammates to win the challenge was bullshit.

So, I'm guessing Tarik fights next week.

Creepy Guy
04-04-2005, 12:40 AM
I didn't like Anthony's move at all, but I have to admit he fought a damn good fight, that was some hardcore PWNAGE by him.

Glenn
04-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Anthony is a chump. There was no reason for him to lie about who he was going to fight. He probably would have beaten any of the remaining 3 east guys, so what was the point. You have to be the best of the 16 to win the cash anyways, so there's no logic to dodging fights and pissing people off. He's just going to make it worse on himself later when everyone is gunning for him. To make money in boxing, you have to fight fights people want to see. As far as the hardcore PWNAGE, the guy he fought was a bum. He was 20-2, but had something like 7 fights against 0-0 fighters and 10 more against people with 0 wins, while Anthony actually is a bonified C- level pro fighter. He will have trouble when he faces the better of the group though--his last pro bout before the show was a 12 round loss to Peter Manfredo.

SuitedSixes
04-04-2005, 01:20 AM
Agreed he can't beat any of the others that are in the Final 8 so far.

rusty JEDI
04-04-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way you can make that statement based on what you have seen from the TV show each week.

rJ

SuitedSixes
04-04-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way you can make that statement based on what you have seen from the TV show each week.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I would like to have seen what happened if the fight went another round or two. If he hadn't inflicted the damage that he did, it may have been Turpin's Round 2 all over again.

skoal2k4
04-04-2005, 02:14 AM
the fact he went 12 rounds against manfredo is impressive for me

Glenn
04-04-2005, 02:31 AM
Judges scored it 120-109, 118-109, 120-107. Manfredo only has 10 KO's in 23 fights. Not impressive /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

skoal2k4
04-04-2005, 02:50 AM
manfredo is ranked #3 in the world... well, he was before his loss...

Glenn
04-04-2005, 03:11 AM
That whole 3rd in the world thing was kind of BS. There are so many boxing ranking/title organizations that someone is bound to rank you highly. Manfredo never really fought anyone notable. His true "ranking" was in the 20's-30's before the competition started. Bernard Hopkins, Felix Trinidad, and Oscar DeLaHoya are all Middleweights. To rank Peter Manfredo in the top 3 in that division is offensive. Ishe Smith was probably the most highly regarded boxer going into the competition, but he really isn't a 160 lb fighter so he might have a tough time. Brinkley is decent and should do ok.

I really like the show, and I don't mean to say all of these guys are total bums. They are real, professional fighters, some of whom are fairly talented. At the same time, none of them is more than a B- fighter at this point, and the winner is still a long way from the top of the always competitive 154 and 160 lb weight classes.

SuitedSixes
04-04-2005, 04:08 AM
Any idea when the fight is going to be in Las Vegas?

Glenn
04-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Caesar's Palace in LV, May 24.

tek
04-04-2005, 10:00 AM
He stated that he wants to control his destiny, win or lose. As far as deceiving his teammates, he had reasons. One was to get them to work hard during the medicine ball competition. The other was apparently +EV for pissing soon-to-be opponents off. Perhaps if an opponent takes a fight too personally it's -EV, similar to trying to get even with a player that took your rack. Instead of just going back to playing your A game and moving on you keep dwelling on THAT guy and you end up tilting...

BellyBuster7
04-04-2005, 12:15 PM
That was a real ***** move by Anthony. You don't screw over your friends/teammates like that. I hope it catches up with him in the end.

Check out the extended scenes for some pretty funny footage of Jesse all s-faced.

SuitedSixes
04-04-2005, 01:01 PM
He was WAAAASTED! If Stallone was pissed about the ice cream, what do you think he thought about that!?

BWebb
04-05-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just watched the eposide and this is totally wrong. I hope Ishe calls him out because he will get beat down! Anthony did the right thing. Everyone else got to pick their fight, there was no reason he had to choose a guy he didn't match up well against. Damn good eposide.

AEKDBet
04-05-2005, 06:10 AM
I admired his move. It is a game of survival and so what if he makes some enemies trying to win.

If he values winning over dicking his team over, then he made a very crafty play.