PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Royal...did I play it any better this time?

Harv72b
04-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Dunno if anyone remembers, but one of my early HH posts on here was a horribly butchered turned royal. I think I played this one better...first hand at the table, so no reads other than MP3 (moneybags over 200+ hands). UTG+1 enters the hand short-stacked.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flopped the 2nd-nut flush, so I didn't see the point in 3-betting and scaring out the competition. I'd planned to bet/3-bet any turn card.

Turn: (7.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

..except when the A/images/graemlins/club.gif shows. Now I worry that betting out will fold both opponents, but by checking I may be able to induce the short stack into committing himself to an all in. When he does bet, I tried for the overcall from UTG...does this line make sense here?

River: (9.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls $3 (All-In).

Not gonna let him check this thru.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 10.16 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

Comments? My thinking make sense?

Moozh
04-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Based on the results, it's pretty obvious you got all you could out of it. The turn call is fine because UTG+1 is short stacked. You don't want to force the only other person who can pay you off to call two cold on a four flush board. I'd probably call the turn even if UTG+1 wasn't shortstacked.