PDA

View Full Version : QTo??

jzpiano14
04-03-2005, 09:15 PM
I've been playin shorthand more than normal lately and have found a leak in my game to be QTo, today it cost me 27BB in 20 times of having it, didn't win once....this is an indication to me that maybe I should stop playin it. But LP in a short hand game it seems profitable to play it. Just wondering what everybody else thinks before I stop playin it.

exist
04-03-2005, 09:42 PM
it's silly to stop playing an entirely reasonable hand completely. that's not what your planning on doing right? fwiw, as sop i would open raise QTo in in the CO and BT and fold in any earlier position.

jzpiano14
04-03-2005, 10:13 PM
no i would never stop playing it but just looking for some advice on how to play it better

exist
04-03-2005, 10:25 PM
i think you have to post hands, otherwise all you will get is general advice that won't be very helpful. post some of those QTo hands you had recently.

jzpiano14
04-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Results in white:
<font color="white"> Hero shows Th Qc for three of a kind Q kicker
BB shows Ks Td for three of a kind K kicker </font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Results in White Below:
<font color="white"> UTG shows 7d Td flush A high
Hero shows Qc Ts straight A high </font>

exist
04-03-2005, 11:01 PM
the only place i can see that you made a clear mistake (if its sop) is in the second hand where you raised in UTG+1 with an UTG limper already in. other than that everything was reasonable. if these are the worst of the hands, then you're doing fine, just don't be too aggressive with QTo in early postion. however, i wonder if these are the worst the hands you had. maybe you had some hands that you butchered or completely overplayed. if so, post them, if not, then you should be fine.

jzpiano14
04-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

Results in White below:
Hero has Qc Th pair of tens
BB has Qd Td pair of tens
MP has As Ah pair of A's

This one I think I overplayed but on the turn I called picking up a straight draw. The preflop raise was probably no good.....but would u limp it here? Feedback?

exist
04-03-2005, 11:54 PM
limping there is fine. it looks to me like a raise will not get in HU with MP (an admirable goal, but not acheivable), it will not be +EV the way raising AKo would, and it will not allow you to semibluff or take control of the hand as there are likely to be too many players in. also a raise risks a reraise, which unfortunately did occur. what is your thought process when you decided to raise there?

raising the flop is a good idea because you have a solid hand, good position relative to the bettor, the pot is the right size to raise on the flop rather than to wait for the turn, and the threat of a 3 bet makes is unprofitable for anyone with out a solid hand to call 2 cold. the benefits of raising and protecting your hand out weight the unfortunate circumstance of occasionally getting 3 bet.

so basically the whole hand was fine except for raising PF.

mperich
04-04-2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah all three hands look good except for the two pf raises. Keep playing it, looks like ur just running into some hands here. QTo is winning for me .10bb/hand altho the sample is tiny at 525 hands.

-Mike

jzpiano14
04-04-2005, 12:51 AM
good to hear, i like the preflop raise in the last one just to get control of the hand, but now that i look at it again I don't like it so much....thx for the feedback, I'll try not to go nuts with the preflop raising