PDA

View Full Version : Rebuy tournaments

Dobster
04-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Hey everyone,
Posted this in MTT forum too. I'm lookin for some quick info on exactly how a rebuy add-on tourney works. I know you can rebuy when your out, but can you add on anytime? Any quick pointers? Thanks. Deb

Pov
04-03-2005, 09:11 PM
This depends completely on the rules set by the event organizer. Typically (in my experience) if a tournament has re-buys and an add-on you can rebuy as many times as you like up to a certain blind level. When that blind level hits you can purchase an add-on. Some tournaments let you buy the add-on right away. If you're going to play in this sort of tournament plan on some wild play early as normally conservative opening strategy is not necessarily correct since you can just buy right back in and also plan on doing the add-on since it's silly not to accumulate as many chips as you can the easy way (i.e. without having to actually win them). The exception to this might be if the add-on were fairly small in relation to the average chip stack and you were already short-stacked in which case it may not make sense to chase good money with bad.