PDA

View Full Version : stacking chips at the table

10-22-2002, 04:52 AM
I always see photos of players with big stacks of chips in front of them at the table.

nobody seems to ever use even stacks of 100 or 1000 or what not. there is always some elaborate pyramid or what not.

a few questions

1: what is the most used stack formation of top level players?

2: what is your prefered stack formation?

3: how can i get enough chips to make a stack that resembles anything?

thanks for all responses.

10-22-2002, 11:53 PM
at the end of my post i said thank you for all the responses....what i meant was thanks for nothing 46 people who have read so far and not responded.

bye

Homer
10-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Post this on the tournament page and I bet you actually get some responses.

Lurker
10-23-2002, 11:17 AM

SheridanCat
10-23-2002, 02:14 PM
Well, personally, I thought you might have something interesting to say about stacking chips at the table (such as someone's suggestion once that one might try not stacking but rather piling them). You didn't. So I didn't respond. None of your questions are really relevant to anything, so why bother?

The answer to #3 is, win them or buy them. I guess you could steal them too.

Troy

brad
10-24-2002, 07:00 PM
i go with classical triangle shape, either in stacks of 20 or 25.

also i like to put excess two stacks on top symetrically left to right.

but one excess stack on top i like to place offset, not in the middle.

also its more fun when you stack chips youve won.

AcesUp
10-24-2002, 09:37 PM
I used to believe in building triangles of stacks exactly 20 chips high ($100 stacks for $5 chips). But then I started playing in No. CA games, and found that I generally end up with way too many chips for that arrangement. I now use stacks of 30 chips, and leave when I run out of room in front of me... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Boy, do I love No. CA games... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

baggins
10-26-2002, 07:22 AM
i usually just keep rows of 20-high stacks. when there are enough stacks, they become a triangle, getting larger and larger. in our home game, we play with the cheap plastic chips and i just stack each color in one stack, no matter how high it gets (sometimes the white stack gets super high, and i break it into two.)

one time i had the entire end of the table to myself in a late-night shorthanded O8 game, and i spread my chips out in 1-high stacks. i kept it like that until i won a pot, and then ii stacked them back up.

sometimes i like to build pyramids, or stack like 5 chips, then put 4 chips in a clover with their intersection directly over the center of the 5th chip, which requires at least 4 or 5 chips on top of THAT clover to keep it together. fun, odd shapes are fun to experiment with. this works better when you are folding preflop a lot.

10-28-2002, 02:02 PM
I stack mine horizontally