PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand from Taj $100 + $20 no limit tournament .Part 1

Mike Gallo
04-03-2005, 07:43 PM
I had the following hand yesterday at a no limit tournament at the Taj Mahal yesterday.

I had moved to this table from another table. I had sat there a few orbits and had not played a hand other then my blinds. The limits were T150-T300 with T50 antes. I had just over T9000 after the start of this hand.

Two players limped to the cutoff and the cutoff (Joe) raised to T600. I looked down at AQ and had a decision. I could either fold,raise or call. The player had sat to my immediate right and I had a very good line on his play. He did not have to have a hand to make a min raise. He had the chip lead at the table, with about T40,000. I saw him fold a hand if someone played back at him. If I reraised, I would create a big pot, and I would have a difficult time stealing it later on. I decided to do what is totally opposite of my game and I cold called.

Flop 10 8 3

Checked to the cutoff and he bet T300. I decided to call and see if I could wrestle the pot away from him on the turn if everyone elses folded. Everyone did and it became heads up.

Turn (K)10 8 3

Joe checked, I put my plan into effect and I bet 1500. Joe folded.