PDA

View Full Version : Highest possible ITM%?

Reef
04-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Say we have a ridiculously good professional player who has a 40% ITM for 200+15's. We send him down to play 10+1 SNG's. After a minimum of 300 of these, playing only 1 or 2 tables at a time, what is the highest realistic ITM% possible?

The Yugoslavian
04-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Lorinda would have the best idea. I assume you're talking Party...that is a crucial bit of info, btw.

I'd guess 55%...but will defer to Lorinda's judgement no matter what on this question.

If you search well....you can find what Irie felt was the upper limit 1 tabling @ the $11s I believe...

Yugoslav
Oh, and this question is very irrelevent, btw...but it's cool, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

raptor517
04-03-2005, 07:00 PM
since its only over 300, and with good variance and all, i would say its around 53%. 3uo

AJo Go All In
04-03-2005, 07:34 PM
posts like this bug so much. why do you care about ITM. ROI is the only thing that matters.

this is like asking "what's the highest possible win % at showdown?" who cares, why use some metric that is indirectly related to winrate when we actually have the winrate metric.

stupidsucker
04-03-2005, 07:37 PM
300 is such a small sample that just about anyone could achieve a 60% ITM over a course of 300. Its not likely, but possible.

stupidsucker
04-03-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
posts like this bug so much. why do you care about ITM. ROI is the only thing that matters.

this is like asking "what's the highest possible win % at showdown?" who cares, why use some metric that is indirectly related to winrate when we actually have the winrate metric.

[/ QUOTE ]

When it comes to what you want in a game you WANT the ROI.. this is your paycheck.

ITM is a much better way to guage HOW your game is doing. You can be a large % more sure about your ITM than your roi. ROI is extremely variant.

skipperbob
04-03-2005, 07:41 PM
You people must smoke some very serious Ganja....What makes you think that a winning $215'r would necessarily be even a winner at $11's; much less a particularly big winner...Skill could not overcome variance...The biggest part of winning at $215's is stealing blinds and moving people off of better hands...How do you do either one at $11's?...You got an atom bomb?

The Yugoslavian
04-03-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You people must smoke some very serious Ganja....What makes you think that a winning $215'r would necessarily be even a winner at $11's; much less a particularly big winner...Skill could not overcome variance...The biggest part of winning at $215's is stealing blinds and moving people off of better hands...How do you do either one at $11's?...You got an atom bomb?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ignored the '300' part of the OP....I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he meant long term ITM @ the $11s for an amazing $215er.

But again, not asking this question is much wiser than actually asking it, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Yugoslav

Benholio
04-03-2005, 08:13 PM
There you go Skipper, you have vindicated all the $11 newbies who only lose because their bets get no respect, so they move up to the $55's. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

The Yugoslavian
04-03-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you do either one at $11's?...You got an atom bomb?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't....instead you PROFIT BITCH!

C'mon, your buddy the forum bot knows this...

Yugoslav
Have fun trying to tell Lil' Skippy that the $215s are easier than the $11s, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Reef
04-04-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot because of this (http://www.pokerbloodhound.citymax.com/page/page/1649045.htm)

I also heard a rumor that the #1 player on pokerprophecy after 300 games may win an '06 bid to the WSOP.

ilya
04-04-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

ITM is a much better way to guage HOW your game is doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Sure, your can be more sure about your ITM% than your ROI%. But your ITM inherently has a narrower range. Also, since you can be a winner at 23% ITM and a loser at 54% ITM, how much good does knowing your "real" ITM really do you? Maybe it'd be useful if you could assume that you ROI would move towards the "even 1-2-3 distribution" average for that ITM over the long run...but I don't at all see how you could assume that.

DonButtons
04-04-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey man, you should hit up the $200 sngs again...

nice to see you around, I learned a lot from watching your sngs back then when you were hitting them up nonstop.

and i cant forget the good times watching the movie "stripes" on tbs because you wouldn't steal my blinds one orbit /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter Chabot
04-04-2005, 08:52 PM
i assume you just picked the 300 number to mean 'a whole lot', and inadvertently picked too low of a number. what you're really saying, i think, is: 'what's the highest attainable itm% at the 11s'? and the answer, i think, is somewhere over 50 and below 60. this also assumes someone playing optimally (ie trying to maximize hrly rate and NOT itm%), and perhaps im wrong and someone could crank out a slightly higher itm% by playing SUBoptimally (trying to maximize itm% instead of ROI/hrly rate).

Skipbidder
04-04-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot because of this (http://www.pokerbloodhound.citymax.com/page/page/1649045.htm)

I also heard a rumor that the #1 player on pokerprophecy after 300 games may win an '06 bid to the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

The jackoff from poker prophecy has lied over and over again. Why should he start telling the truth now? I'd be reluctant to believe him right now if he told me what his favorite color was.

johnnybeef
04-04-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have fun trying to tell Lil' Skippy that the $215s are easier than the $11s

[/ QUOTE ]

wait a second yugo...where the hell is my royalty check???

The Yugoslavian
04-04-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have fun trying to tell Lil' Skippy that the $215s are easier than the $11s

[/ QUOTE ]

wait a second yugo...where the hell is my royalty check???

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah!

'little skippy' is NOT the same as 'Lil' Skippy,' /images/graemlins/wink.gif...

Yugoslav

johnnybeef
04-04-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
'little skippy' is NOT the same as 'Lil' Skippy,' ...

[/ QUOTE ]

tell that to hard rock cafe /images/graemlins/blush.gif