PDA

View Full Version : chopping pokerstars prize once heads up question

signal
04-03-2005, 06:46 PM
hi,

i tried searching, but no hits in this forum for the recent past.

so here's my question:

I play 5 or 10 dollar sngs on pokerstars for fun. i really like their software and site. in the last two table tourney i was in, i made it to heads-up and the other guy wanted me to "lose" and then he said he'd send me the difference such that we both got paid the same for first & second place.

i did not like the guy since he kept talking shyte to me so i told him no and i'm going to bust you. i busted him....

is this stuff legal or illegal to chop on stars? it seems like a good way to get screwed, right? this stuff is not binding or is it if announced in pokerstars chat. has anyone done this before?

thanks.

syphlix
04-03-2005, 07:28 PM
sounds to me like he was up to something no good!

pokerlaw
04-03-2005, 07:33 PM
I have seen chops on MTT's, when it is down to 3 people and the payouts are thousands of dollars apart - the site administrator/support was contacted to facilitate it. Not sure why you would want to chop on a 5, but I am guessing it would be kosher.

niin
04-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Players can do whatever they want. You were probably wise to not take his 'deal', tho.

That said, I've chopped some SnG's before when it was very late and we both wanted to just get out of there. It was a player I'd played with before, tho, and we both trusted each other to not try and screw the other once the deal was made.

If there is any doubt, you can always email PokerStars' support and ask them to do the transfer, once the deal is made. The deal needs to be made in front of a host; they sometimes don't take just the existance of the chat as enough evidence.

dfscott
04-03-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Deals:

* If all remaining players in a tournament agree to split the prize money according to an agreed formula of their choosing, PokerStars will accept this agreement and transfer the funds after notification by all parties to the agreement.
* It is the players' responsibility to determine total agreement. Chat records alone will not necessarily validate an agreement.
* Only players at the final table may deal for the money, and no deal is allowed that does not include all remaining players.
* Dealing for Tournament Leader Board points is not allowed. Doing so may result in the revocation of all awarded Tournament Leader Board points for the deal making players in the tournament.
* PokerStars will not participate in the deal making process, but will execute the agreement if the previous conditions are met.
* If you wish to make a deal, please email support with the subject line: "Tournament # (insert tournament number) chop: URGENT" and support will come to the table to ensure a smoothly arranged deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

signal
04-03-2005, 08:21 PM
-