PDA

View Full Version : I'm IN!! , advice please.

hoterdoc
04-03-2005, 06:37 PM
I won a seat in the $10K no limit event last night. I will get my entry filled out monday/entry fee sent in. I must admit I am still in a mild state of shock.

I need some advice, so I can make trip plans/travel arrangements.
I plan on being off from work the entire week (7/7 - 7/15), no idea how long I'll last.
This will make the rest of my work schedule for July pretty tight, but I figure it's worth it.

1) is there any specific point in getting there any sooner than the afternoon before it starts (7/6)?

I think each day's play starts around noon. I doubt I'll be doing any other playing in the am's before each day's begins. and probably none afterwards (see below ? about daily play time)

2) would it make more sense to stay at the rio the whole time,? downt town? the strip? My concern is the convenience of being right there w/o commute hassels.
once (if) I get knocked out, being somewhere like the strip or downtown would be more preferable as there is more action/attractions within walking distance.

2a what do y'all think about having starting reservtions at

I know each day has specified 'reduction amounts' ie 2200 players reduced to 900. however . . .

3) anyone have any rough idea how long play will last each day?

4) do most tend to maxamize rest/relaxation between rounds, i.e. a good night sleep?, or do they tend to go balls to the wall all day/all night.

thanks
doc

Tyler Durden
04-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Try to stay at the Rio but if you can't, try for on the Strip. Staying downtown would suck, even tho the last 2 days will be played at the Horseshoe.

Play last year took about 13 hours each day. So be prepared. Trying to get a good night's sleep is key but very difficult b/c you're thinking too much about all the hands you played, etc.