PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom GTII, right move?

myst1
04-03-2005, 05:09 PM
There are 66 players left, top 60 get paid. I want to place top 10, not interested in just making the money.

No read on the villain in BB, I'm sitting in CO with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Blinds 2k/4k, I have ~120k, avg stack is 80k, villain has me covered.

Folded to me ,I raise to 10k, fold, fold, villain min re-raises.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villain bets 15k, I call.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bets 20k, I push for ~80k.

Thoughts?

Jurollo
04-03-2005, 05:13 PM
I know you say you aren't playing for 60th, but with 6 left to money I wouldn't make this move. Otherwise, if not on the bubble I don't mind this move, at worst you have a whole ton of outs.
~Justin

masonx
04-03-2005, 05:52 PM
any read on villian? I like regardless of bubble because i play to win :P

unglee
04-03-2005, 06:03 PM
This might be weak of me--and I do like this move most of the time--but given the fact that the villain has you covered and his betting pattern, I'd just call here in this situation. I know you said you're not concerned about making the money, but with the $1000 buy in, I assume making the money is still a significant amount of dough.

Given his miniraise preflop, it seems to me you're up against AK, AA-QQ, all of which are likely to call your all in, and all of which beat you. I'd see a "cheap" card with all my outs, and see how the villain responds if my flush/straight card hits. If it's a blank, you still have a reasonable stack to work with.

Like I said, this line might be weak--I'd be interested in what others have to say.

masonx
04-03-2005, 06:05 PM
yeah considering the bubble i actually dont like getting all in here /images/graemlins/wink.gif

GFunk911
04-03-2005, 06:20 PM
What do you put him on? How do you read his min bets. You have a big draw but you're likely behind. His hand range looks to me like AK, AQ, AA-TT, and you're not ahead of any of it. That hand range is narrow but what will he be min raising with preflop. Based on his postflop betting I'd narrow it down to AA-TT and AK.

What do you put him on?

schwah
04-03-2005, 06:27 PM
i would much rather call the turn and fold the river if i didn't improve

i think that is the right play, bubble or no.

there is basically no holding he can have that you beat on the turn. i think fold equity is also very very small. whats more, though you do have a monster draw, most of his possible hands kill at least a few of your outs

if you do hit, you will probably double up. if you don't you can save your last 80k and still have a decent stack to play with.