PDA

View Full Version : Good Educational Videos/DVDs National Geographic, Nova, etc.

wacki
04-03-2005, 04:55 PM
The animal fight threads got me started on a google search where I came across this review of a National Geographic DVD:

National Geographic's Eternal Enemies: Lions and Hyenas

tbe prepared for some of the most spectacular and disturbing footage ever caught on film. From the outset it is made brutally clear that animals, in this case lions and hyaenas, DO in fact slaughter each other, not necessarily for food as most people believe, but for something much darker - HATRED.

This point is made by showing a large male lion, Ntwydmala, breaking the back of an unlucky hyaena matriarch, then shortly afterwards, breaking the neck of another. It isn't always pleasant to watch, but it'll keep you glued to your seat in disbelief.

This film is easily one of the best nature films I've ever seen, bar none!

I think I'm going to buy this. Anyone else have any Nature/Discovery/Nova channel DVD's they recommend that I get?

Patrick del Poker Grande
04-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Chances are you've already seen it, but 'The Elegant Universe' is pretty cool. Don't buy it, though. It's available as a free stream/download somewhere. I'm sure you can google it.

astroglide
04-03-2005, 11:39 PM
my gf loves blue planet and life of mammals, she says all of the blue planets are great