PDA

View Full Version : If you are a winning 2/4 or 3/6 player, PLEASE READ!

CallMeIshmael
04-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Hi all,

As I had mentioned here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2061221&page=&view=&s b=5&o=) , I am trying to do a statistical analysis of winning 2/4 and 3/6 players.

Your participation would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to stress:

A) It should take less than 5 mins
B) It will be done in a way that leaves participants completely anonymous. I will have no way to use these stats for personal gain.

For step-by-step instructions please go here (http://callmeishmaeltpt.tripod.com/poker2.htm)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

I will be periodically bumping this thread throughout the next week. Sorry.

(Also, this was my first webpage. It sucks. I know.)

EDIT: if the webpage I created goes down for some reason, please PM me.

lighterjobs
04-03-2005, 03:59 PM
what about 4/8 with a full kill and 6/12? b&m only.

CallMeIshmael
04-03-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what about 4/8 with a full kill and 6/12? b&m only.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont belive B&M players would be able to accurately track the stats I would be analyzing. This would not be possible without pokertracker.

Thanks for the interest.

PokerBob
04-03-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

As I had mentioned here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2061221&page=&view=&s b=5&o=) , I am trying to do a statistical analysis of winning 2/4 and 3/6 players.

Your participation would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to stress:

A) It should take less than 5 mins
B) It will be done in a way that leaves participants completely anonymous. I will have no way to use these stats for personal gain.

For step-by-step instructions please go here (http://callmeishmaeltpt.tripod.com/poker2.htm)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

I will be periodically bumping this thread throughout the next week. Sorry.

(Also, this was my first webpage. It sucks. I know.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd give you mine, but...... If you are a winning 2/4 or 3/6 player, PLEASE READ!

CallMeIshmael
04-03-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd give you mine, but...... If you are a winning 2/4 or 3/6 player, PLEASE READ!

[/ QUOTE ]

Self BUURRNNN...

C'mon PB, we all know that you are a LONG TERM winner, just in a little slump.

chief444
04-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Your website is very annoying with sound on. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anyone with windows XP or really whatever will have the works spreadsheet that can save files as .xls. Probably a lot easier than notepad right?

CallMeIshmael
04-03-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your website is very annoying with sound on. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I dont hear anything.

Ill try to fix whatever is wrong. Again, I'm a total fish when it comes to making websites.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone with windows XP or really whatever will have the works spreadsheet that can save files as .xls. Probably a lot easier than notepad right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it would be!

Does works come with XP? If so, how do you access it? (Ill update the main page for this as well)

chief444
04-03-2005, 04:43 PM
I have some fly buzzing on my speaker every 3 seconds. Maybe it was a pop up or something. I usually get them blocked though. No big deal. I've never done a website so I'll shut up. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyone with windows XP should have it. All Programs > Microsoft Works > Microsoft Works Spreadsheet. Not as good as Excel but fine for this. Just type in everything and "save as" excel (.xls). That doesn't even matter though because you'll be able to open pretty much any spreadsheet with excel. There's probably some type of spreadsheet (lotus???) that's on Mac that you could open as well. I'm not positive though.

edit...any older version of windows should have the spreadsheet installed as well, not just XP.

chief444
04-03-2005, 04:50 PM
I'd recommend requesting 2/4 stats to be sent seperate from 3/6 given the different blind structure. I'll do mine now but I'm only sending 2/4 since I have <3k at 3/6 since I just moved up.

CallMeIshmael
04-03-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd recommend requesting 2/4 stats to be sent seperate from 3/6 given the different blind structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I requested this in the website.

Was it unclear? (I did it pretty quickly this morning)

chief444
04-03-2005, 04:55 PM
No, it's very clear. I'm just stupid. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I didn't read through it all that closely, obviously.

CallMeIshmael
04-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Good. Good.

You had me worried.

climber
04-03-2005, 07:44 PM
I'll try to win back about 30BB from my latest slide and play 100 more hands so that I can meet both of your criteria 2BB/100 and 20K+ but I expect you will see something from me before the 10th.

CallMeIshmael
04-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Thanks a lot dude.

Note to all: some people have asked if they lost part of their database, is that OK.

Yes. Basically the number of hands given to me isnt that important.

IE. if a player who beat 2/4 over 50k hands loses his database, and only now has 8k, thats still good to send. I mean, he is certain to be a winning player, so the 1.4/20k thing isnt relevant.

CallMeIshmael
04-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Grizzly Adams DID have a beard...

RustedCorpse
04-05-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have some fly buzzing on my speaker every 3 seconds. Maybe it was a pop up or something. I usually get them blocked though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not his site, I get that too, it's something with either mozilla or the latest service pack fix. Do you have mozillia? I'm actually trying to figure out what it is for another project (it being the buzzing)

Possible causes:

Winamp 3.Xx or earlier
Mozilla Firebird
SB Live!
XP Service PAck 2 with custom non-standard soundcard

If you have any of the above let me know?

CallMeIshmael
04-05-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(it being the buzzing)

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was the JBB.

RustedCorpse
04-05-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(it being the buzzing)

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was the JBB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand sir.

chief444
04-05-2005, 12:32 PM
I don't believe I have any of those. No Mozilla. SB live I don't believe, Nothing non-standard about my soundcard I know of, Winamp...don't even know what that is.

mtdoak
04-05-2005, 12:42 PM
My guess is that its Gods punishment for you hitting two outers against me.

chief444
04-05-2005, 12:49 PM
pwned!

And you're still bitter? /images/graemlins/grin.gif It was the only pot I won all night. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rest of the tour go good?

CallMeIshmael
04-05-2005, 10:08 PM
http://www.westernwebsites.com/pehrson/clockwork_orange_got_milk_alex.jpg

theRealMacoy
04-06-2005, 03:48 AM
go Ishmael!

can't wait to see what you come up with.
sorry, don't have the hands yet to assist.

cheers,
the Real Macoy

shant
04-06-2005, 04:01 AM
OK, so if I have 2 databases where I beat the 2/4 or 3/6 for more than what you're asking for over 15k hands each, than I can send you the stats because I don't feel like combining them.

ThinkQuick
04-06-2005, 04:13 AM
Just curious and maybe other people know,
what are you looking for/ hypothesizing about the data?

CallMeIshmael
04-06-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, so if I have 2 databases where I beat the 2/4 or 3/6 for more than what you're asking for over 15k hands each, than I can send you the stats because I don't feel like combining them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Some had had this question.

IF you have 2 databases (ie. who havent put 2 screennames thogether through aliasing (ty GM)), then you can just send both independently of one another.

Thats what you're asking, right?

Thanks for the participation.

CallMeIshmael
04-06-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious and maybe other people know,
what are you looking for/ hypothesizing about the data?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not really hypothesizing anything.

I'm just looking to post some basic guidelines as to where winning players stand with various stats, as it should cut down on stats posts in general.

I am curious to look at correlation factors between stats, but Im not willing to draw any 'Play-altering' conclusions from these correlations.

Octopus
04-06-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... as it should cut down on stats posts in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dreamer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CallMeIshmael
04-06-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dreamer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're wrong. But I fear otherwise...