PDA

View Full Version : Crocodile v. Tiger

slickpoppa
04-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Who do you think would win in a death match between a crocodile and a tiger? The fight would occur in a circular cage that is 50 feet in diameter.

I think the crocodile would win.

jaxUp
04-03-2005, 03:25 PM
I predict crocodile in a landslide

PoBoy321
04-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Do crocodiles live in africa? If they do, I'm pretty sure that crocodiles eat tigers on a fairly regular basis.

If not, then I'm just makin' [censored] up.

slickpoppa
04-03-2005, 03:32 PM
There are no tigers in africa. You might be thinking about lions.

JGalt
04-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Looks like I'm the only one who choose tiger so far. A crocodile kills by surprise where a tiger has to outwit its pray. You don't see to many crocs chasing or out maneuvering their pray.

wacki
04-03-2005, 03:40 PM
If it's on land the croc will lose every time. It just doesn't have the speed.

Chairman Wood
04-03-2005, 03:41 PM
A tiger's jaws simply do not have enough power to deliver a deadly wound with one bite to the crocodile considering the croc's extremely tough skin. If the croc got his jaws on the tiger once, it's over.

wacki
04-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Agreed,

Here is a great movie which is a true story about 2 lions that killed 130 people. Many of which were armed with guns/knives.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116409/

Find me a croc that can do that.

jakethebake
04-03-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do crocodiles live in africa? If they do, I'm pretty sure that crocodiles eat tigers on a fairly regular basis.

If not, then I'm just makin' [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crocs do, but tigers don't. Both live in Asia.

Chairman Wood
04-03-2005, 03:45 PM
You agree with yourself and then you go on talking about Lions when the discussion is about Tigers? Are you alright Wacki?

slickpoppa
04-03-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A tiger's jaws simply do not have enough power to deliver a deadly wound with one bite to the crocodile considering the croc's extremely tough skin. If the croc got his jaws on the tiger once, it's over.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was basically my thinking. I think that a tiger could penetrate the skin of a crocdile and kill it if the crocodile was not resisting. But if the crocodile was moving around, I thin that its body shape and tough skin would make it very difficult for the tiger to get a good bite in.

wacki
04-03-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You agree with yourself and then you go on talking about Lions when the discussion is about Tigers? Are you alright Wacki?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh... I meant to click on JGalts post. Tigers are stronger then lions btw so I think my lion/croc comparison still applies.

Lazymeatball
04-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Crocodile has only got one move, which a tiger can see coming a mile away. Crocodiles can reach pretty quick speeds, but only for a short dash, and while tigers are certainly not endurance runners either, they can give chase for a little bit longer than a croc. Under the condition that this is on land I'll have to give the advantage to the tiger.

For the record Crocodile and tigers probably do come into contact as they are both found through out india and southeast asia.

Jack of Arcades
But this has nothing to do with human vs croc or human vs tiger. In that case, on land, I'd prefer to fight a croc.

Against each other, I don't think a tiger has a chance, especially in a semi-closed environment.

Sponger15SB
I think if its a Crocodile v. a Tiger, a Tiger would win in a landslide.

However, Alligator v. Lion, a Alligator would win.

Do you see why?

slickpoppa
04-03-2005, 03:50 PM
The hypothetical fight would occur in a 50 ft cage, so open land speed is not really an issue. If the fight were on open terrain, it would never happen.

Chairman Wood
04-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Even if the tiger got a good bite into the croc the power of the croc could easily outmuscle it's way out of the tiger's jaws.

jakethebake
04-03-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But if the crocodile was moving around, I thin that its body shape and tough skin would make it very difficult for the tiger to get a good bite in.

[/ QUOTE ]

A - Not after the croc got tired, which I'm betting would be pretty quick.

B - Tigers' claws are like razors.

Lazymeatball
04-03-2005, 03:54 PM
but endurance would be an issue as the two opponents would spend alot of time avoiding eachothers attacks. The tiger being a warm blooded mammal clearly has the upper hand on this factor. Hell, if Steve Irwin can wrestle a croc, why can't a 600 lbs tiger?

wacki
04-03-2005, 03:54 PM
I wonder how much it would cost to set up a cage fight like this in somehwere in India. We could broadcast it over the net. Hmmmmm........

*I keed*

Jack of Arcades
04-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Because the human knows how to wrestle it, a tiger doesn't. I don't think a tiger has duct tape handy.

jakethebake
04-03-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, if Steve Irwin can wrestle a croc, why can't a 600 lbs tiger?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point! I'm guessing any number of tigers are smarter than that moran. And surely a toger could take Steve.

Tiger > Steve > Croc
So: Tiger > Croc

jakethebake
04-03-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how much it would cost to set up a cage fight like this in somehwere in India. We could broadcast it over the net. Hmmmmm........

*I keed*

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing a Google search renders it has already been done.

Uglyowl
04-03-2005, 04:01 PM
We need a NCAA type bracket for these animal fights...any volunteers?

Lazymeatball
04-03-2005, 04:02 PM
What the tiger lacks in strategy and duct tape, it makes up for in size, claws, teeth, and millions of years of evolutionary intstinct.

jakethebake
04-03-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What the tiger lacks in strategy and duct tape, it makes up for in size, claws, teeth, and millions of years of evolutionary intstinct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crocs have more years of evolutionary instict and can grow bigger than tigers.

wacki
04-03-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Crocs have more years of evolutionary instict

[/ QUOTE ]

true

[ QUOTE ]
and can grow bigger than tigers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no. American crocs grow to 150-200 pounds while Bangal Tigers are about 4-500 pounds.

On the other hand, check our this 16,000 pound croc:

http://www.yaledailynews.com/article.asp?AID=16801

So I think this is very much species dependent. Clarification is needed.

BTW, my money is on the 16,000 pound croc.

EDIT: that croc is 40 feet so it might now be able to move in a 50 foot cage.

jakethebake
04-03-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no. American crocs grow to 150-200 pounds while Bangal Tigers are about 4-500 pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

since there are no american tigers, i assume we're not talking american crocs.

mmbt0ne
04-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Any teenage male can hold an crocodile's mouth shut. All the tiger has to do is pu his paw on the croc's head, and it's over. Add that to the fact that a tiger can jump, and I don't see how the croc stands a chance.

Unfortunately, since one is a water animal, and the other is land, you can't match them up here. But enjoy some of the other animal face-offs.
http://media.dsc.discovery.com/convergence/animalfaceoff/game/play.html

slickpoppa
04-03-2005, 04:23 PM
When writing the question I had in mind that the fight would be between the best species of tiger v. the best species of crocodile.

Chairman Wood
04-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Great idea, run it like Ms OOT

Chairman Wood
04-03-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]
No

slickpoppa
04-03-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any teenage male can hold an crocodile's mouth shut. All the tiger has to do is pu his paw on the croc's head, and it's over. Add that to the fact that a tiger can jump, and I don't see how the croc stands a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good point. That is a major weakness of the crocodile, but I don't think that it is necessarily dispositive. I think that the crocodile could probably shake the tiger off of its snout.

mason55
04-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Hey, if you guys read the animal face off page, yuo'll see Tiger lost to lion. Lion lost to crocodile.

So Tiger < Lion < Crocodile.

I assume the commutative property of animals applies here.

wacki
04-03-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe they did that. Thank you mmbt0ne for posting that link. Haven't watched TV in 2 months and I'm about to change that.

JGalt
04-03-2005, 04:30 PM
- Tigers can cover up to 10 m (33 ft.) in a single leap.

- The forelimbs and shoulders are well-muscled, and the forelegs can twist inward, enabling the tiger to grab and hold large prey

- A tiger's feet (paws) have soft pads, and long, sharp, retractile claws

- Incisor teeth help to grab hold of prey as well as pull meat off bones.

- Canine teeth are used for biting and killing

- Premolars and molars are used for tearing and chewing. The carnassials of cats (the fourth upper premolar and the first lower molar on each side of the jaw) are the most scissorlike of all carnivores. They function like knife blades to slice meat.

http://www.seaworld.org/infobooks/Tiger/images/skullclose.gif

- if you see a crocodile running towards you then it's easy enough to evade. It's when you don't see it coming that you're in danger! A crocodile's greatest strength is not its endurance and stamina on land, but it's ability to launch a surprise attack when you're least expecting it. In other words, crocodiles cannot afford to give their prey the chance to flee - fleeing prey (on land at least) is normally dinner lost.

- Most crocodiles can achieve speeds of around 12 to 14 kph for short periods, which is somewhat slower than a fit human can run

- Secondly, crocodiles have a relatively low stamina and their physiology does not permit sustained exercise.

slickpoppa
04-03-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe they did that. Thank you mmbt0ne for posting that link. Haven't watched TV in 2 months and I'm about to change that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that they actually made those animals fight each other. I think that they just had people vote on who they thought would win.

mmbt0ne
04-03-2005, 04:36 PM
The message board there is classic. A couple thread titles:

-Lioness Vs Tigress Video!!!!!!!!!
-If 20 Nile Crocs are realesed in Florida, (10 male, 10 female) are realesed in Florida, what would happen?
-Kodiak Bears vs. Africa
-300lb jaguar vs 30ft anoconda in shallow water
-T-rex vs Adult Bull Elephant
-Mr.Owl how many wolves does it take to get to the center of a kodiak bear?

mmbt0ne
04-03-2005, 04:38 PM
They run computer simulations of a fight, and break it down by a statistical analysis of each animals abilities. The voting is just for fun.

wacki
04-03-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that they actually made those animals fight each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured that much.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that they just had people vote on who they thought would win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's the case.

slickpoppa
04-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Sorry, I interpreted your "I can't believe they did that" to mean that you thought they actually fought each other.

JGalt
04-03-2005, 04:42 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I knew this all sounded familiar. I watched the show with the croc or alligator and I think it was against a tiger. I do beleive the croc or gator won, although I thought it was suspect.

wacki
04-03-2005, 04:42 PM
On this website there is a guy who claims he has a National Geographic video of a lion killing a croc.

http://www.fightfantasy.com/display.aspx?msgid=41004&category=Animals&currpage =1

The Lion would kick the crocks ass! Anyway i have a National Geographic DVD on lions and an adult male lion kills a 6 meter crock by bitting it in the skull

BTW, I think I might of been wrong. Lions might be stronger
than tigers.

EDIT: fixed link, it's page 1

slickpoppa
04-03-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On this website there is a guy who claims he has a National Geographic video of a lion killing a croc.

http://www.fightfantasy.com/display.aspx?msgid=41004&category=Animals&currpage =2

BTW, I think I might of been wrong. Lions might be stronger than tigers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone also claims to have seen a croc killing a lion. I don't think that those cases necessarily prove anything because one side may have had the advantage of surprise, numbers, etc.

Reef
04-03-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, since one is a water animal, and the other is land, you can't match them up here. But enjoy some of the other animal face-offs.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about 2 rhinos vs. 1 elephant

jakethebake
04-03-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that they actually made those animals fight each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad though.

Felix_Nietsche
04-03-2005, 05:17 PM
1. The Tiger is quicker and it would be tough for the croc to get a single bite in.
2. The Tiger is warmed blooded which means it will have more endurance than the Croc.
After the Croc tires, the tiger would chew the Croc up into shoes and suitcases. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also Crocs usually kills by drowning rather than by biting.
Since there is no water in the arena, Tiger KOs the Croc in the first....

Felix_Nietsche
04-03-2005, 05:19 PM
The pelts of these killer lions are in a Chicago museum.

Felix_Nietsche
04-03-2005, 05:24 PM
I knew a guy who picked up a small bobcat with HEAVY leather gloves and the bobcat shredded the gloves....

Lazymeatball
04-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Very cool unethical Lion vs Tiger battle video with weird japaneese naration (http://www.toomuchtimeonmyhands.com/media/videos/JMTextreme/Lion.Vs.Tiger.wmv)

Fratony
04-03-2005, 05:33 PM
IMO it depends on how smart the tiger is. Crocs can only run forward and backwards and turn when they are stopped, so as long as the tiger doesnt run straight at it, the tiger would win because it is far more agile. However, if the croc got one good bite in, the tiger would be through, crocs jaws are EXTREMELY strong (biting down). Overall i would go with the tiger, just because i think it would be smart enough not to charge a croc with its mouth wide open ready to "chomp" down on it.

zagosh
04-03-2005, 05:33 PM
I think they would both realize that niether one had a clear advantage, cut a deal, and walk away with a split pot.

wacki
04-03-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very cool unethical Lion vs Tiger battle video with weird japaneese naration (http://www.toomuchtimeonmyhands.com/media/videos/JMTextreme/Lion.Vs.Tiger.wmv)

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the tiger win that one?? No death, so it's a bit hard to tell. The lion was on it's back but that doesn't really mean much.

jakethebake
04-03-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucked. It wasn't to the death.

Lazymeatball
04-03-2005, 05:44 PM
i think it was a tie, both cats exhausted eachother. In housecat behavior, the cat on it's back is usually the agrressor, I'm not sure if this translates to larger cat species. Either way, being on your back is a pretty good attack position for a cat as they are super flexible and can defend from all sides and it allows them to have all four paws in motion.

jakethebake
04-03-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think it was a tie, both cats exhausted eachother.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure they weren't just playing. Neither see3med to really hurt the other one.

Felix_Nietsche
04-03-2005, 05:52 PM
so I could clean up on all the Croc betters. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pinga
04-03-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we watched Animal Face Off (http://www.tvtome.com/AnimalFaceOff/index.html) we would know. They have this challenge.

Blarg
04-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Crocs are enormous. Supposedly some have gotten over 20 feet long, and that's now, when we hunt them down to a fraction of their true potential size, even near extinction in some places.

On a nature show I saw recently, a scientist said he saw an enormous croc not just attack and kill a full grown, healthy hippo, but EAT the entire hippo. Not sure how long it took on the eating part. Anyway, hippos are extremely aggressive and territorial creatures, and can and do bite boats in half, and not just in Disneyland rides. They weigh tons, not just hundreds of pounds. A crocodile killing one of those sounds like it would have no trouble killing an animal of much less weight.

Some of the arguments here are kind of like saying, which would win, a weasel or a bear? Well, a weasel has incredible coordination and flexibility, so it would win....

Nah. You just can't discount things like size, weight, and hide thickness.

Punker
04-03-2005, 07:20 PM
There's a show on discovery channel here in CR called something like "Animal Duel", where they pit these kind of matchups. They in fact had croc vs lion, and the croc won, but it was primarily because there was water in the fighting area.

Blarg
04-03-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

- The forelimbs and shoulders are well-muscled, and the forelegs can twist inward, enabling the tiger to grab and hold large prey

- Premolars and molars are used for tearing and chewing. The carnassials of cats (the fourth upper premolar and the first lower molar on each side of the jaw) are the most scissorlike of all carnivores. They function like knife blades to slice meat.

- if you see a crocodile running towards you then it's easy enough to evade. It's when you don't see it coming that you're in danger! A crocodile's greatest strength is not its endurance and stamina on land, but it's ability to launch a surprise attack when you're least expecting it. In other words, crocodiles cannot afford to give their prey the chance to flee - fleeing prey (on land at least) is normally dinner lost.

- Most crocodiles can achieve speeds of around 12 to 14 kph for short periods, which is somewhat slower than a fit human can run

- Secondly, crocodiles have a relatively low stamina and their physiology does not permit sustained exercise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of the things you say about crocs are equally true of tigers or at least substantially similar.

They also rely entirely on ambush, shock, and surprise.

They also cannot run long distances; their design and incredible facility in stalking prey, and great camouflage, ensure that they don't have to. Outrunning them is not a problem for much of their prey.

I've heard scientists claiming that crocs can run something like 20 mph over short distances, with an even faster potential lunging speed much faster. This is fast enough to catch most humans.

ThaSaltCracka
04-03-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I predict crocodile in a landslide

[/ QUOTE ]stop making predictions, you suck at it.

Jack of Arcades
04-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Actually, the first 12 votes were crocodile 11-1. Tiger's made a nice comeback.

ThaSaltCracka
04-03-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]sample size is too small.

jakethebake
04-03-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]sample size is too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. Even it were very large, it're pretty much meaningless w/o putting a tiger and croc together.

wacki
04-03-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea. Even it were very large, it're pretty much meaningless w/o putting a tiger and croc together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Small sample size would still have it's effect. We need to do this every weekend for a year. It will be hard work so we need to bring refreshments like beer and whiskey. And of course we will bet on which will win.

ThaSaltCracka
04-03-2005, 07:40 PM
bet on who wins? Do you think we all gamble or something? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Blarg
04-03-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. The Tiger is quicker and it would be tough for the croc to get a single bite in.
2. The Tiger is warmed blooded which means it will have more endurance than the Croc.
After the Croc tires, the tiger would chew the Croc up into shoes and suitcases. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also Crocs usually kills by drowning rather than by biting.
Since there is no water in the arena, Tiger KOs the Croc in the first....

[/ QUOTE ]

Crocs and gators don't kill by drowning, although drowning is a part of it. They cause massive, killing trauma almost immediately. They go into spins with their entire body weight, tearing limbs and bodies apart, and even tearing limbs and heads off bodies entirely. They immediately start up their "death spin," giving you no chance to die by drowning really.

By the way, this discovery channel stuff is far from proof of anything. They said a walrus would beat a grizzly. They mentioned a walrus being able to rear up ande hit a grizzly with its tusks. But walruses are far slower than bears and hardly trained in fighting predators on land. Bears are fast land predators with a lifetime's training in being just that. Additionally, polar bears definitely attack and eat walruses. I'm sure many of you have seen it on t.v. shows.

Their point that the grizzly's teeth and claws are too small to cause immediate deadly damage is partially correct, though it does completely ignore two things: the incredible power behind those claws, which can crush and rip open the ribcage out of a moose that weighs a ton in a single swipe, and the fact that if the walrus can be kept out of the water, a bear could easily wear it down. A walrus's weight on land is a huge liability to it, like a beached whale's is. They've got one chance and one only if they can't get back to the water -- to try to use those tusks on land against an experienced predator that uses its weapons to prey on more than clams.

The bit about the rhino using judo to flip other animals by digging their horns under their hind legs was pretty funny, too.

It's mostly just theoretical and good fun for the discovery channel guys, just like it is for us, even though they're better informed.

JGalt
04-03-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of the things you say about crocs are equally true of tigers or at least substantially similar.

They also rely entirely on ambush, shock, and surprise.

They also cannot run long distances; their design and incredible facility in stalking prey, and great camouflage, ensure that they don't have to. Outrunning them is not a problem for much of their prey.

I've heard scientists claiming that crocs can run something like 20 mph over short distances, with an even faster potential lunging speed much faster. This is fast enough to catch most humans.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yeah I know they are very simialr in attacking pray, but I was trying to sway the vote for tiger.

Jack of Arcades
04-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Nah, it was gonna be croc until Wacki chimed in. I'm sure he convinced a lot of people.

ThaSaltCracka
04-03-2005, 07:54 PM
I voted for Tiger before I read anything. Not sure how it couldn't be him. Crocs can run really fast on land for 30 yards or so, then they are spent. Tigers seem to have more stamina, and thats key for any wrestling match.

wacki
04-03-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the incredible power behind those claws, which can crush and rip open the ribcage out of a moose that weighs a ton in a single swipe,

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I didn't know that. I'm glad you're back blarg.

BTW, just because it's on the discovery channel, doesn't mean the people who are making it are any good. I've seen some crappy ghost story stuff on that channel. So don't discredit yourself too much.

sfer
04-03-2005, 08:11 PM
One thing I've learned from the Simpsons is that a gorilla hanging from a tree, over open water, is no match for a shark.

Blarg
04-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Hi Wacki, and thanks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I was laid up sick for a while, but am fine now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ClarkNasty
04-04-2005, 12:50 AM
We clearly need an animal tournament. 50 foot cage.

I nominate:

Tiger
Lion
Rhino
Crocodile
Elephant
Hippo
Grizzly Bear/Polar Bear
UFC Champion without weapons

ClarkNasty
04-04-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I nominate:

Tiger
Lion
Rhino
Crocodile
Elephant
Hippo
Grizzly Bear/Polar Bear

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, I think I'd seed them the following way. Plus, I'd make it a 100 foot enclosure.

1. Lion (King of the Jungle after all)
2. Elephant
3. Crocodile
4. Tiger
5. Hippo
6. UFC Champion
7. Grizzly Bear
8. Rhino

slickpoppa
04-04-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I nominate:

Tiger
Lion
Rhino
Crocodile
Elephant
Hippo
Grizzly Bear/Polar Bear

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, I think I'd seed them the following way. Plus, I'd make it a 100 foot enclosure.

2. Elephant
3. Crocodile
4. Tiger
5. Hippo
6. UFC Champion
7. Grizzly Bear
8. Rhino

[/ QUOTE ]

UFC champion over a grizzly bear? Are you joking?

zagosh
04-04-2005, 01:04 AM
ok

theBruiser500
04-04-2005, 01:05 AM
blarg good posts. this thread reminds me how amazing animals are, it would really be somethgin special to see or work with them.

nolanfan34
04-04-2005, 01:05 AM
I can't decide if you forgot to log out and log back in before posting this, or if this is intentionally a "clarknasty" kind of post. I'm leaning toward the latter.

And I'd put a lot of money on the hippo, I hear they are crazy ferocious.

Clarkmeister
04-04-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

UFC champion over a grizzly bear? Are you joking?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I figure all those old circus shows where men wrestled bears would lead one to believe a UFC champ could tackle a grizzly, which is why I seeded the griz a notch below. I could be wrong. The only way to find out is to have the tourney!

Clarkmeister
04-04-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't decide if you forgot to log out and log back in before posting this, or if this is intentionally a "clarknasty" kind of post. I'm leaning toward the latter.

And I'd put a lot of money on the hippo, I hear they are crazy ferocious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hippo was my sleeper pick.

I had to keep logged in as Nasty because I had a PM thing going with bigstud about meeting up at the game tomorrow.

Duke
04-04-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could kick the ass of anything extinct for 110 Million years.

~D

PokerCat69
04-04-2005, 02:07 AM
The Elephant would win by a landslide.

Duke
04-04-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Elephant would win by a landslide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he could gain the high ground and start jumping around.

~D

vulturesrow
04-04-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
blarg good posts. this thread reminds me how amazing animals are, it would really be somethgin special to see or work with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont you and hobbes play together every day?

Huhmare
04-04-2005, 06:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

2. Elephant
3. Crocodile
4. Tiger
5. Hippo
6. UFC Champion
7. Grizzly Bear
8. Rhino

[/ QUOTE ]

Elephant would easily crush all these opponents.

EliteNinja
04-05-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I nominate:

Tiger
Lion
Rhino
Crocodile
Elephant
Hippo
Grizzly Bear/Polar Bear

[/ QUOTE ]

2. Elephant
3. Crocodile
4. Tiger
5. Hippo
6. UFC Champion
7. Grizzly Bear
8. Rhino

[/ QUOTE ]

9. Ken from Street Fighter 2
10. Superman
11. Darth Vader