PDA

View Full Version : MTT: AA on button...

mikeymer
04-03-2005, 02:25 PM
On the UB 40+4 buyin I get AA on the button with no reads on players. blinds are 10/20... MP raises to 55... I raise on the button to 270 to make it look like a semi bluff trying to take down the pot... SB calls 270, MP raises all in, should I go all in here or try to entice a bigger pot? I had both players covered.

Mike Gallo
04-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Your going all in on the flop anyway, why not go all in now?

mikeymer
04-03-2005, 03:09 PM
I ended up pushing, SB folded... Thanks, was just looking for opinions.

CardSharpCook
04-03-2005, 03:18 PM
I'd really think about folding here. Sure, you have both players crippled, but you have two players that are really interested in this pot. Going AI with AA here, chances are you'll lose and be stuck with just a few chips left for the rest of the tourney. Conserve your chips here and wait for a better opportunity.

CSC

Mike Gallo
04-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Conserve your chips here and wait for a better opportunity.

Dude, this is truly awful advice. What better opportunity could you ask for the best starting hand against an all in.

Escape
04-03-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd really think about folding here. Sure, you have both players crippled, but you have two players that are really interested in this pot. Going AI with AA here, chances are you'll lose and be stuck with just a few chips left for the rest of the tourney. Conserve your chips here and wait for a better opportunity.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi mr.Imakegreatlaydowns

Well played.

CardSharpCook
04-03-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Conserve your chips here and wait for a better opportunity.

Dude, this is truly awful advice. What better opportunity could you ask for the best starting hand against an all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you read the OP. The SB called the raise to 270 from 55 (from 15). What hands are you putting him on? I put him on a suited connector like JT or something - those just kill aces. And as for the guy that went all in, sure he could have a lower PP - and lets say he does. There is a 20% chance that he'll trip. Coupled with the suited connectors 30% shot at cracking you, you are like 50/50 to win this hand. I don't know about you, but I don't like taking coin flips.

Wait 'til you can go AI PF HU against a hand that you are more heavily favored against, or just play some more flops so you know how good your hand really is. Personally, I don't like taking coin flips.

CSC

RandomUser
04-03-2005, 03:33 PM
You are making a major mathematical mistake.

Yes, those hands might be 20% and 30% against AA heads up, but in a 3-way pot they don't add up to 50%.

Here's the numbers for AA KK JTs in a 3-way pot

AA - 64.9%
KK - 15.2%
JTs - 19.9%

CardSharpCook
04-03-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, those hands might be 20% and 30% against AA heads up, but in a 3-way pot they don't add up to 50%.

AA - 64.9%
KK - 15.2%
JTs - 19.9%

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that using ".2 and .9" makes those made up numbers believeable?

mikeymer
04-03-2005, 03:39 PM
CardSharp: you're just hilarious!!!!

RandomUser
04-03-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations on being ignorant as well as bad at math.

Try putting those hands into a hand calculator like I did if you don't believe me.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_odds/texas_holdem.php#

Edit: Removed horribly long URL, sorry about that. two dimes URl works great, though.

Pat Southern
04-03-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

AA - 64.9%
KK - 15.2%
JTs - 19.9%

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://twodimes.net/poker/?g=h&b=&d=&h=Ac+As%0D%0AKd+Ks%0D%0AJh+Th

CSC,
Folding here would be really bad. I hope this is a belated april fools post or something. If you want to win another big tournament, I'd suggest not folding AA preflop early in a tournament.

teamdonkey
04-03-2005, 03:51 PM
that may in fact be sarcasm....

OP, i'm assuming the difference between a call and a push is very little since this is so early in the tournament. A call then would look that's what you're trying to do. Pushing here is probably the right play.

gumpzilla
04-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Ugh. Please use tinyurl, or at least don't put the entire content of your URL in the text of the message.

PoBoy321
04-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Oh, wait, I get it. You're making a joke because it's common for people on here to talk about situations in which it's correct to lay down Aces in a MTT, and you're making fun of them by in FACT supporting their position.

Well played, good sir.

CardSharpCook
04-03-2005, 04:22 PM
The OP may have an actual issue here "can just calling induce another call from the SB." But, sadly he gives us no information about chip counts, so I have no idea how I could possibly advise him. Yes, there are times when I'll just call in this situation hoping to show enough weakness to convince JJ to put his money in the pot, but how can I know how to advise the OP without the OP giving us a little more info? My apoligies to those who took my posts in this thread seriously - I just came from the OOT forum, where wise-alec responses are the order of the day.

CSC

RandomUser
04-03-2005, 05:01 PM
"My apoligies to those who took my posts in this thread seriously - I just came from the OOT forum, where wise-alec responses are the order of the day."

No problem, I just checked out the other thread and had a good laugh about it as well.

Roman
04-03-2005, 05:22 PM
hes obviously kidding, relax.