PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL "MY TEAM BUSTED FROM THE NCAA SO LET'S TALK BASEBALL" THREAD

Cubswin
04-03-2005, 01:03 PM
BOOOHAHA

Edge34
04-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Ni han sir.

jason_t
04-03-2005, 01:04 PM
This thread is much better.

Randy_Refeld
04-03-2005, 01:04 PM
I have never gotten this whole NCAA thing. Spring means "Play ball"

Dead
04-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Hopefull you will be making the same kind of post on Tuesday morning, a little after midnight.

Cubswin
04-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Even if they lose it will be their last game of the season... and i dont think you can call it busting if you play on the final day of the season....

Dead
04-03-2005, 01:15 PM
It will be a disappointment for Illinois, the way the analysts have kissed their ass all season.

Congratulations Illinois, on making your first championship game ever! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

But if you don't do it this year, you won't get another chance for a long time.

Cubswin
04-03-2005, 01:18 PM

On this point, i beg to differ.

Dead
04-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Without Head and Brown? Head is being drafted this year, and Dee Brown could as well.

tbach24
04-03-2005, 01:24 PM
What does Syracuse have in the future? Warrick and McNamara are leaving, no?

Dead
04-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Uh....

I'm 99% confident that McNamara will be coming back next year. He's only a junior.

Warrick is leaving yes, probably to be a top 10 pick in the draft.

And SU is getting two excellent recruits this year.

Eurotrash
04-03-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's only a junior.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really means nothing.. if you'll notice, after junior year is when most of the good players make a jump to the NBA while their stock is still high (see, as recent examples, Ben Gordon, Emeka Okafor)

If McNamara is back it's because he's too small and too much of a gunner for the NBA, methinks.

Just my humble opinion, I'm not just trying to give you a hard time

Dead
04-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Lmao.

I guess you forgot that Warrick could have easily gone for the draft last year. He came back because he wanted to win a championship. I should make that another championship. He also loves the school.

Eurotrash
04-03-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lmao.

I guess you forgot that Warrick could have easily gone for the draft last year. He came back because he wanted to win a championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't really forget anything, because I really don't follow Syracuse that closely.. but let's face, this Syracuse team was very good, but were they good enough to win a national championship with the likes of a UNC or Illinois lurking? Not really..

Let's not make this discussion about Syracuse, either. I'm not trying to take shots at your team. I'm just expressing my opinion about McNamara

Dead
04-03-2005, 01:41 PM
I think that McNamara will come back, for a multitude of reasons. Syracuse players tend to stay all 4 years, more so than at other schools. Both Eton Thomas and Jason Hart did. So did Warrick, as did John Wallace and Derrick Coleman.

Eurotrash
04-03-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that McNamara will come back, for a multitude of reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, that's cool. I'm just saying that I think when it comes to the NBA that his size is going to hurt him (listed at 6' 2" on their website, but that seems generous to me - I'd say 6' even looks about right) as well as his inconsistency.

From the SU athletics site:

(2004-2005)
FG % .370
3FG % .340
FT % .874

Come on.. we know he makes huge threes and is a good player, but it's almost like Iverson scoring 40 when he hucks up 35 shots. His free throw shooting is great, sure, but doesnt he really boil down to a poor man's JJ Redick (who I also think is going to be a mediocre, at best, NBA player)?

mmbt0ne
04-03-2005, 02:05 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Even if they lose it will be their last game of the season... and i dont think you can call it busting if you play on the final day of the season....

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from someone who that happened to last year, it is definitely not busting.

Why make this thread though, a little down on the Cubs chances this year? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dead
04-03-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but doesnt he really boil down to a poor man's JJ Redick (who I also think is going to be a mediocre, at best, NBA player)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no?

Redick is a shooting guard and McNamara is a point guard. McNamara has much better ballhandling skills than JJ.

MEbenhoe
04-03-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but doesnt he really boil down to a poor man's JJ Redick (who I also think is going to be a mediocre, at best, NBA player)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no?

Redick is a shooting guard and McNamara is a point guard. McNamara has much better ballhandling skills than JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif But earlier this year you claimed McNamara wasn't a point guard?

Dead
04-03-2005, 02:19 PM
He is technically a point guard though. He had to play both roles this year because Boeheim was constantly subbing out people for McCroskey.

Next year he will be a true point guard, feeding the new SG that SU is getting, among others.

Uston
04-03-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

On this point, i beg to differ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead is right about once a month. Unfortunately for Illini fans, he's right about this. I don't know how it's possible, but Illinois doesn't have a single top-100 recruit coming in for next year. It's like Weber is recruiting the same type of kids he was recruiting at Southern Illinois.