PDA

View Full Version : Found money!!

Rushmore
04-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Due to a "clerical error" that I just this morning detected on my poker books, I now have about $5500 more than I thought I had.

I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, I shouldn't attempt to do any accounting after long sessions, and will try to be more careful in the future.

On the other hand, I should probably figure out how to use the stupid spreadsheet so that this sort of error is virtually impossible. As it is, I just do too much of it manually. Feel free to recommend any cheap and simple-to-use poker spreadsheet, if you wish. I'll listen.

On yet another hand, while this "extra money" might seem like a nice revelation, I can only wonder if I was playing differently (read: weaker) both in game/limit selection AND overall playing style based upon my misconception of what my earn had been. I doubt it, but it's certainly possible.

And on my fourth and final hand (don't ask):

Wooooooooohoooooooooo!!! Free money!! Yeah!!

Nick-Zack
04-03-2005, 02:22 PM
I just use Quicken and set up seperate accounts for my Bankroll and then for each poker site. At the end of the day adjust the balance in your account to account for your win or loss. This way you will have up to date figures daily. I also use Poker Journal on my Palm to track wins and losses by level, game and site.

Yeknom58
04-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Where was the money hiding? Forgotten account?

But in either case money won is better than money earned...money found is just the shizzzat.

miajag81
04-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Where was this $5500 you didn't know you had? On one of the sites? Neteller? Glove compartment of your car?

Rushmore
04-03-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where was the money hiding? Forgotten account?

But in either case money won is better than money earned...money found is just the shizzzat.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was hiding in mistaken mathematics from three weeks ago.

I have had this nagging feeling that something wasn't quite right, but only this morning did I go back and do a little forensic accounting.

Between regular checking, poker checking, Neteller, cash, and all of the sites, this sort of thing can happen, I suppose.

Shizzat, indeed.

Rushmore
04-03-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where was this $5500 you didn't know you had? On one of the sites? Neteller? Glove compartment of your car?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in the cat's food bowl, strangely enough.

Good thing I checked there!

Yeknom58
04-03-2005, 05:09 PM
F^#KEN CAT.

You know those pussies always steal your money!

GanAnim
04-03-2005, 08:00 PM
I think that's my money............

fsuplayer
04-03-2005, 10:31 PM
my recommendation is to not fix the error in your books, and to hurry up and buy this (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6826214&type=product&productCate goryId=pcmcat31800050028&id=1091101681976) before sensible thinking takes over. /images/graemlins/cool.gif