PDA

View Full Version : Playing Suited Connector Late in Tourney

willperkins
04-03-2005, 11:00 AM
10/1 Tourney. Both button and SB have been doing an excellent job of stealing blinds by raising before every flop. Meanwhile, my cards have gone cold.

Would you have taken a stand here or waited for a better spot?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t3158)
SB (t7767)
Hero (t2575)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t400</font>, Hero calls t200.

Flop: (t650) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1000</font>, SB calls t1000.

Turn: (t2650) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">

Hero??

microbet
04-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I fold preflop. Any hand I get involved in at this point is too likely to end up with all my chips in the middle.

On the flop, as it is, I think it is a push/fold. Depends on what you make of his small raise. If you think you are ahead, push. You only have a pair of sixes and shouldn't mind if he folds an 8,9,T,J,Q or K. And, once you make that raise, at this point, I think you are committed.

pooh74
04-03-2005, 01:33 PM
I lean torwards folding this PF too. great hand with 4 limpers in level I...terrible hand here...on the turn you couldnt ask for a better situation (under card to 6 came AND its a d)...but, the problem is, if you take your free card at the flush and miss, you're lost on the river....what kind of bet do you call? Do you check behind? I think I might push on this turn bet...if he's holding an A so be it...you still have 9 outs and I think most people at this level LOVE Ax in the SB and raise more...

you're too involved to get away....PUSH

pokerlaw
04-03-2005, 01:38 PM
[quote}
you're too involved to get away....PUSH

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, what he said.