PDA

View Full Version : Newb "Online Tells" post

J-Lo
04-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Most new poker players look for tells to figure out what card their oponent has. Online these are harder to spot, but there are still plenty if u really try. I do not try because I 8 table, but what i am afraid of I'm giving off tells. For example, i'l use the "call BB" checkbox when i'm in middle/late position w/ pocket pairs up to JJ, is this too obvious? I won't limp unless i hae PP or AQ. And then there's the "amount of time taken tell." When there is a hand i have to think about, i use my time bank, but otherwise it's instantaneous, should i start pausing when i flop monsters or when i know i'm gona fold post flop? Also, blind play, does using the "chek/fold" button on the BB give away too much? I play the 22's and 33's, am i giving my oponents too much credit?

Phil Van Sexton
04-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Don't use check/fold in the BB during bubble/ITM play. People will notice and minraise you with any 2 cards.

microbet
04-03-2005, 11:54 AM
I think even the fish are thinking about things like this. I only play 4 tables and don't know what will happen if/when I get to 8, but the only button I check in advance is the fold button.

I don't know what people will make of a quick or slow action so I don't worry about that much, beyond avoiding the instant action of the call checkbox or something.

SuitedSixes
04-03-2005, 01:29 PM
I always wait for 17 flashes of the arrow before acting . . . so that people think I am a bot. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stupidsucker
04-03-2005, 02:09 PM
I honestly dont think that your limping is a tell that is a danger because you wont see showdown with most of those hands so how will they put you on anything when you limp.

I always make an effort to mix up my play a tiny bit before it gets to push mode. Throw in a minraise here, a 2.5x there and a 3x here.

Using the autofold button can get you into trouble, but again I dont think its all THAT MUCH. You can use these to your advantage if you allow yourself to think about your own possible tells.

Apathy
04-03-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Using the autofold button can get you into trouble,

[/ QUOTE ]

care to elaborate?

J-Lo
04-06-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Using the autofold button can get you into trouble,

[/ QUOTE ]

care to elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

autofold=fold to any bet, so they min bet on the turn after you quickly checked twice, if they have position.