PDA

View Full Version : Inducing the bluffcall (LC)

Danenania
04-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has Qs Js (one pair, aces).
Hero has Ad Jd (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.50 BB. </font>

MoDOH
04-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Againts the right opponent that is a great move. You should try this against people who just canīt resist trying to steal the pot on the river when checked too. Whatīs strange though is that they will often fold to the river bet but will often call the river CR although they donīt have shite, as in this hand... You gotta love PP donks...

TStoneMBD
04-03-2005, 10:18 AM
maybe this is results oriented, but if you bet hed probably raise you. you can then 3bet and hell crying call.
=D

RunDownHouse
04-03-2005, 11:28 AM
I disagree.

kiddo
04-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Disagree with what?

Without read I would bet this river 100%. Why would this guy call a A33, rainbow flop, without a pair? He wants to call it down and we want him to do it. If he got A or 3 he will often raise river if we bet.

If u check this river he will normally check behind and yes, u lost 1 BB trying to be tricky.

If there is a draw on table I can understand this check, trying to induce... but what are we looking for now? Why should he bet a small pair?

RunDownHouse
04-03-2005, 11:57 AM
I disagree with TStoneMDB's statement about betting because he'll raise. I don't think, given the previous action, he'll raise this river very often.

I'd bet out the river as well, but only so it won't get checked through, not in order to 3bet.

Your Mom
04-03-2005, 11:58 AM
He's only going to call the river.

Danenania
04-03-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Disagree with what?

Without read I would bet this river 100%. Why would this guy call a A33, rainbow flop, without a pair? He wants to call it down and we want him to do it. If he got A or 3 he will often raise river if we bet.

If u check this river he will normally check behind and yes, u lost 1 BB trying to be tricky.

If there is a draw on table I can understand this check, trying to induce... but what are we looking for now? Why should he bet a small pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that it was an AT3 flop, not A33. I was pretty sure he would bet any T on the river and call a c/r. He would also bet a weak A obviously and lots of different bluffs. I'm not sure about PP's but it's very possible. This player was very bad as you can see and I think a c/r here is profitable though it's certainly not my default.

naphand
04-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Against an aggressive player, and with some kind of read, I think there is some scope for making this kind of play.

I would prefer a board that looks like a missed draw (for you or him) than this one, and I am not sure of the math for getting a call versus the number of times he checks behind or does not call the CR. If you have been betting some hands on a steal, or think he suspects that, or the board is drawy (so he probably does not call you if you bet) then I like it but this move is heavily read-dependent and you may not get away with it more than once against the same player (on the other hand he may go on tilt after you humiliate him like this).

RaymondKHessel
04-03-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was kidding.

NLSoldier
04-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Well played. I think this river CR should be almost SOP.

RaymondKHessel
04-03-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well played. I think this river CR should be almost SOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Results aside, I think this is bad. He has to actually call your c/r for it to be worth it. And most idiots aren't going to do that without an ace. Whereas lots of hands are going to check this behind, that like kiddo said "want to call you".

Making this SOP is missing bets IMO.

Danenania
04-03-2005, 04:22 PM
In my experience most loose players will be calling the c/r with any showdownable hand here.

And he doesn't have to call the c/r to make the c/r worth it. If he bluffs with a hand he would have folded to a bet then the check was still good even if he folds to the raise.

RaymondKHessel
04-03-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In my experience most loose players will be calling the c/r with any showdownable hand here.

And he doesn't have to call the c/r to make the c/r worth it. If he bluffs with a hand he would have folded to a bet then the check was still good even if he folds to the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand is he calling down with on this board thats going to be a bluff?

I just think you'll miss out on a lot more bets than you make by checking this river

sweetjazz
04-03-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe this is results oriented, but if you bet hed probably raise you. you can then 3bet and hell crying call.
=D

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this is ignoring the results too much, but if you check, then he'll bet and you can raise him and he'd probably 3-bet you. You can cap and he'll crying call. /images/graemlins/wink.gif