PDA

View Full Version : Interesting PLHE Online Hand

tex
10-21-2002, 05:16 PM
The game is 1/2 pl online holdem. I have 9c10h on the button. EP raises 2 to make it 4,three callers to me and I call as does the SB and BB. Flop is 6s,7s,8c. SB,BB check, EP bets 12, MP calls, all fold to me and I make it 72 (I believe this is correct, anyway, I raise the pot. Blinds fold and EP goes allin with approx. 25 more. MP calls. Turn is Xs (I cant remember which spade--I was convinced that MP had stayed in on a flush draw) and MP checks and I check. River is another spade but neither is any help on the straight. Knowing I am absolutely beaten at this point and sick about it I watch the MP check as do I fearing the check raise. I failed to mention the stack sizes--I had about 100 and MP had 250 plus. This was obviously misplayed but I couldnt get over the heartbreak of seeing the spade board. I would like your opinions of my play and try to guess what the EP and MP had and I will post results.

Greg (FossilMan)
10-21-2002, 06:08 PM
In many cases you played it right to check it down. MP probably shouldn't have called so much money on a draw, but if he's sure neither of you is on the draw, then he's getting 2:1 on the call, and that's about his chances of hitting, so it can't be a big mistake.

Don't be hard on yourself for how you played this hand, unless your read of MP being on a draw was just bad (given his history, etc.).

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

10-21-2002, 06:36 PM
The EP player goes all-in with 25 more than your raise, or for 25 more than your bet?

The first way, there would be over 300 in the pot by the turn, and I'd say you should just go all-in for your last 100 despite the scare-card.

The other way, there's only 180 or so in the pot, you should still probably just go all-in for your last hundred, but checking behind is okay.

On the river, you have to check behind since the pot is protected.

tex
10-21-2002, 09:24 PM
Sorry, let me clarify. The EP player only had about 25 or so left after his flop bet and went all in after my 72 raise. I had played with him a few times, enough to see that he was pretty loose and fairly aggressive. The MP player I had never played with before and since I am a regular at that game assumed he was new or at least new to this game.

10-22-2002, 04:04 AM
If you never played with MP before then why be so sure that he's on a flush draw? I would probably have gone all in on the turn figuring that if MP has the flush I would pay him off on the river anyway with all that money already in the pot and if does not have the flush then betting is good.

With respect to your opponents hands my only guess is that MP did NOT have the flush on the turn as I don't think there are many players who would not bet the flush there for your last 100 with the pot already that big.

tex
10-23-2002, 08:49 AM
It turns out that the player who was allin in EP had 66 for a flopped set. The player in MP had Kc5c! I won the pot and felt relieved but also foolish.