PDA

View Full Version : Should this song be retired?

istewart
04-03-2005, 02:00 AM
BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS

I loved this album when it came out, and I still do. It sucks that I can't bear to listen to this song anymore, though.

Thoughts?

BusterStacks
04-03-2005, 02:01 AM
i have been avoiding Green Day since after Dookie and even still I probably know all the words to this song. RETIRE!

Jack of Arcades
04-03-2005, 02:02 AM
why do people even listen to the radio anymore? it's a great song and it's not overplayed if you on't listen to the radio.

istewart
04-03-2005, 02:04 AM
I'm also a VH1/MTV2 whore, so this does give bias to my opinions /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Jack of Arcades
04-03-2005, 02:05 AM
yeah, if I listen to the radio it's like shoutcast or something.

MEbenhoe
04-03-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why do people even listen to the radio anymore? it's a great song and it's not overplayed if you don't listen to the radio.

[/ QUOTE ]

trying2learn
04-03-2005, 12:06 PM
this record was BY FAR the best album of last year. maybe the best album of the decade.

that said...radio kills some good things, and ignores others.

jason_t
04-03-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

this record was BY FAR the best album of last year. maybe the best album of the decade.

that said...radio kills some good things, and ignores others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure what I would best as the best album of last year, but I can think of two albums that I would put ahead of it.

1. Interpol - Antics
2. Elliott Smith - From a Basement on the Hill

trying2learn
04-03-2005, 12:42 PM
i loved the elliot smith record as well...there's 5 masterpiece tunes on that one at least. so sad about that bloke.

as for interpol...i don't know...i thought the killers record was better than theirs if you're looking for a retro vibe.

tdarko
04-03-2005, 12:43 PM
this album kicks ass and since i dont listen to the radio (it only ruins great songs) and i dont watch mtv or vh1 (i dont think there needs to be an explanation) then i am not sick of the song.

Lazymeatball
04-03-2005, 12:46 PM
This song should have been aborted in the third trimester.

jason_t
04-03-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i loved the elliot smith record as well...there's 5 masterpiece tunes on that one at least. so sad about that bloke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Nothing else to say.

[ QUOTE ]
as for interpol...i don't know...i thought the killers record was better than theirs if you're looking for a retro vibe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am now going to check this album out as you are now the tenth person to suggest this album to me after I mention how much ass I think the Interpol album kicks.

Patrick del Poker Grande
04-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Get this [censored] off the air. Even worse is that 'remix' they did where they play an Oasis song and I think even an Aerosmith song over it. It's not even a remix - it's just two or three songs played over each other that have no discernable connection to each other whatsoever. It sounds more like when you're listening to the radio and you pick up two stations at once playing two different songs. They don't mix well together and it just completely blows. I wouldn't be upset if I never heard Green Day again.

Uglyowl
04-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Blue Oyster Cult will never be topped!

nothumb
04-03-2005, 02:39 PM
This song should be retired the way they 'retire' an injured horse. Bang.

NT

brian_frets
04-03-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Blue Oyster Cult will never be topped!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a fever! And the only prescription is... more cowbell!

DCIAce
04-03-2005, 02:55 PM
This is about the only Green Day song that's ever on the radio (there are about 5) that I don't hate. I think it's a decent song, and it doesn't get too overexposed here (Chico State's local radio station), so, I voted no. With one of those radio stations that plays the same 5 songs every hour, then yes. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jack of Arcades
04-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Boo. Killers are nice but nothing compared to Interpol.

I can think of about 25 albums from last year better than American Idiot.

GoblinMason (Craig)
04-03-2005, 03:39 PM
My roomate played this song about 10 times a day when it came out. I really started to like it and began playing it a lot myself. However, I'm quite sick of it now.