PDA

View Full Version : Most anticipated final in years? Illinois-UNC official NCAA Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Clarkmeister
04-02-2005, 11:35 PM
The matchup everyone has wanted all year is about to happen.

Illinois and UNC for all the marbles.

I've long maintaned that it was Illinois, then UNC, then everyone else. I still think that, and anticipate a great close game with Illinois pulling it out in a close one.

May is a beast but the key to this team is Felton and I think that our defense led by Deron Williams will be able to really disrupt him and the UNC offense. We have plenty of bodies to throw at May so that helps.

Anyways, it certainly feels like a heavyweight title fight. All year long hurtling towards each other. It should be a great one, I'll be there all decked in Orange.

Go Illinois!

Chairman Wood
04-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Have you been watching the tournament at all this year? My God there is still 8:26 left? Show a little faith.

Clarkmeister
04-02-2005, 11:37 PM
BTW, Carolina opened a 2 point favorite, which is exactly what I thought it would be. I can't wait!

Clarkmeister
04-02-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you been watching the tournament at all this year? My God there is still 8:26 left? Show a little faith.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I can tell you is the offshore sports books have a line up for Illinois-UNC but none for Illinois-MSU. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ianco15
04-02-2005, 11:42 PM
When UNC beats Illinois in the final, I win the 2+2 pool. Even though I won't win any money, I will still get the honor of being the winner until next year.

Chairman Wood
04-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Okay it's done now. Good luck Clark

mmbt0ne
04-03-2005, 12:05 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
May is a beast but the key to this team is Felton

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact that UNC's frontcourt scoring alone almost beat MSU's entire team is a pretty big problem for Illinois. But then again, they can shoot with the best of them, so who knows. Thank God MSU didn't win, I probably wouldn't have even watched the finals then. Who wants to see another 20 point blowout?

istewart
04-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Today's games sucked.

Clarkmeister
04-03-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Today's games sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their 2nd halves did. The first halves were very good.

That's alright anyways, it just reconfirms that the two best teams are playing for the title. This will have a lot of hype.

Clarkmeister
04-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Article summarizing the UNC vs. Illinois game in Greensboro NC from early last year. Of note, Illinois was a team in rebellion and disarray at that time and really didn't turn the corner until after the first Wisconsin game about halfway through the Big Ten Conference schedule. Game was 79-78 before UNC drew away late.

By DAVID DROSCHAK
AP Sports Writer

GREENSBORO, N.C. - North Carolina's short bench wasn't a problem after all Tuesday night.

The 10th-ranked Tar Heels remained undefeated with an 88-81 victory over No. 11 Illinois in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge, outlasting one of the nation's deepest teams behind Sean May's 23 points and 14 rebounds.

May, sidelined most of last season by a broken foot, was nearly unstoppable at times in the paint as coach Roy Williams used just seven players - two who were questionable with injuries - against Illinois to improve to 4-0.

May got plenty of help from Rashad McCants, who added 20 points, and Jawad Williams, who played with a hip pointer, had 18 as all five North Carolina starters logged at least 31 minutes.

Meanwhile, Raymond Felton shut down Illinois scoring leader Dee Brown, who missed his first six shots and didn't score until there was 17:36 left.

Brown had a chance to tie the score twice late with 3-pointers, but missed and finished 3-for-17 from the field for just eight points.

Deron Williams led Illinois (3-1) with 22 points, while Roger Powell added 20.

North Carolina led 79-78 before Williams sank a follow shot and McCants hit a free throw. He missed his second from the line with 46.7 seconds left, but got the rebound and the Tar Heels closed out Illinois from the foul line.

The Tar Heels hit five of their first seven shots to open the second half to build the lead to nine.

But Powell brought the Fighting Illini back with a shot in the lane and a hook to start a spurt that saw Illinois score 13 points in 3½ minutes to retake the lead at 55-54 with 13:43 remaining.

It remained close until Powell picked up his fourth foul with 6:19 left and the score tied at 69.

With Powell on the bench, the Tar Heels hit four foul shots, got a follow from Jackie Manuel and a layup by McCants to go up by eight before a late charge by Illinois came up short.

Illinois came in averaging 15 turnovers, but coughed it up 14 times in the first half as North Carolina's defense picked up a notch following a close call over the weekend at Cleveland State.

Neither team led by more than four points until Illinois got sloppy again in the final minute of the period.

Jawad Williams sank a 3-pointer with 34.8 seconds left before an inbounds pass by Deron Williams was thrown away and ended up in the hands of McCants. He wasted no time drilling another shot behind the arc to get the partisan crowd into in, giving the Tar Heels a six-point lead at the break.

Illinois had trouble from the outside against North Carolina's tough defense, going 0-for-7 in the first half from 3-point range and 6 of 24 for the game.

The Fighting Illini also had trouble at the line, missing 11 of 18.

Source. (http://fightingillini.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/120203aaa.html)

JinX11
04-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Well, after the Cardinals-Red Sox series, this game may be where you get even with me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congratulations to you - if it wasn't against UNC, I'd be rooting for Illinois. They are having a tremendous season and have been the best team all year. I hope it's a great game.

Clarkmeister
04-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Funny post on the KU board.

"Well, that coaching change triangle thing sure worked out well." /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vince Young
04-03-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When UNC beats Illinois in the final, I win the 2+2 pool. Even though I won't win any money, I will still get the honor of being the winner until next year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean the Zoo pool? Because if UNC wins I win the 2+2 pool.

Dead
04-03-2005, 01:45 AM
I would like nothing more than for Illinois to lose.

istewart
04-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Deron Williams is albino.

Clarkmeister
04-03-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like nothing more than for Illinois to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand why. It might happen, Syracuse is a pretty tough matchup for them. Should be a great game in this "Battle of the Orange". Who knows how Illinois would fare against a team using a zone defense!

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Clarkmeister
04-03-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His Mom is white.

istewart
04-03-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His Mom is white.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gay.

nothumb
04-03-2005, 03:21 AM
Looking forward to this one Clarky.

My thoughts (off the cuff and I'm loaded, but still)...

Carolina proved today that they can beat an athletic, somewhat deeper team at an up-tempo today. The other teams they beat at that tempo were significantly less talented or deep, MSU is obviously both but not to as great a degree, and they were clearly overwhelmed. So that's reassuring.

I don't know much about the Illinois bench, but it will need to come up big.

My keys for Carolina:

-Felton needs to protect the ball, including early in the game. They have struggled in the first half a lot in this tourney. Actually, that's been their MO since Dean was around. Might not be able to afford it here. Must execute early.

-McCants needs to step up big on defense. He's a big-play defender but not consistent enough.

-Illinois has the advantage at the third guard spot, Carolina has the advantage in the paint. May and the Williamses have to start strong.

-Carolina should have a rebounding edge and needs to hit the offensive glass.

I see this being a great one, really looking forward to it.

NT

ceyoung
04-03-2005, 03:34 AM
im looking forward to it, mainly because if illinois wins i win both of my pools and $300.

holeplug
04-03-2005, 03:36 AM
Best championship game matchup since 99 Duke vs. Conn.

I don't think Illinois matches up well against UNC. Channing Frye killed them in the regional final and look at what UNC's frontchourt did to Mich St.

Illinois has to turn it into a half court game or they'll probably get killed in the 2nd half like Mich St. did. Either that or their 3 guards steal Allen Iverson's staminia for the night.

Will be interesting to see who IL puts on Felton. Deron Williams is kinda slow for a guard be he is IL's best defender and UNC's offense goes where Felton takes them.

Ianco15
04-03-2005, 04:36 AM
Yes, I mean the zoo pool and according to the senario generator I will win if UNC wins. Maybe I'm wrong though. We'll see monday. My name on there is Ship__It.

SinCityGuy
04-03-2005, 05:38 AM
Go Illinois!

Go to hell, Carolina!

bugstud
04-03-2005, 05:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go Illinois!

Go to hell, Carolina!

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect

Clarkmeister
04-03-2005, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Deron Williams is kinda slow for a guard be he is IL's best defender

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't watched the last two games? Stoudamire and Garcia might disagree with your assessment.

JoeU
04-03-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How dare you post this in Clarkmeister's thread! You should be ashamed of yourself. I will take valuable time out of my day and fix your post:

[ QUOTE ]
When Illinois beats UNC in the final, JoeU will win the 2+2 pool. Even though he won't win any money, he will still get the honor of being the winner until next year.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

Clarkmeister
04-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Just found out where my seats are for the game (we didn't know because we only got them for one game and had to wait for the Saturday games to be over - got them through a friend of my Father's.)

Center court. 4th row.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cubswin
04-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Center court. 4th row.

VERY NICE!!!! I want to see some pics!!!!

When the Illini played Georgetown at the MCI center this year i bought my ticket 45 minutes before the game and got third row. I cant imagine being that close for a big game.

cubs

codewarrior
04-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Northern by birth...
Southern by breeding...
&amp; TarHeel by the Grace of God...

My life has been blessed.

bugstud
04-03-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just found out where my seats are for the game (we didn't know because we only got them for one game and had to wait for the Saturday games to be over - got them through a friend of my Father's.)

Center court. 4th row.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about eleven rows back for the L'ville game, right next to the CBS stand. No dice on getting any MSU tickets for monday, though, so I have a ticket somewhere between the rafters and the farthest seat up in the house

TaxGoddess
04-03-2005, 03:18 PM
I am quite envious - I can get a $49 flight to St. Louis from Cleveland, but won't go w/o securing a ticket first, so I probably won't go.

Oh yeah, UNC alumna '95, so I am a huge fan, being as I experienced the reign of the great Dean Smith, and survivor of '93 celebration in Chapel Hill.

Anyway, enough bleeding blue, GO UNC!!!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/emlyb/heelhands.jpg

Clarkmeister
04-03-2005, 11:39 PM
I love how they all come out of the woodwork for one game. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

In other news, I hop on my plane to St. Louis in under 10 hours. Oh boy, oh boy am I nervous.

The good news is I am 1-0 when attending Championship games involving my teams. (I was at Game 7 of the 1982 World Series in St. Louis), so at least I can bring that to the table.

Dead
04-04-2005, 12:23 AM
You're nervous?

You're not one of the guys that has to get on the court in 18 hours. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Clarkmeister
04-04-2005, 03:03 AM
3 hours sleep then off to pack and hit the airport and hopefully a classic final between two great teams with Illinois winning in a thriller.

Go Illini!

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
&amp; TarHeel by the Grace of God...

[/ QUOTE ]

...and the fact that I couldnt scoot into Duke, UVA, or Emory...and wanted to stay in the south.

Ok, now that makes more sense. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

JoeU
04-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Well Clarky,

From now until about midnight, I'd like to petition you to allow me to be a temporary bandwagon jumper.

My credentials:

NY Yankees: I'm good at winning championships in years that don't end in 2004.

Syracuse: I'm good at beating teams not named Vermont. I do have a national championship this century as well.

Dallas Cowboys: C'mon, they're America's Team. Don't tell me you don't like Americans!

I also won 9 straight roller hockey championships.

Lets face it Clarky, you want me on your team; you NEED me on your team!

Good luck tonight. I'm rootin for ya.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Joe

DukeSucks
04-04-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, UNC alumna '95, so I am a huge fan, being as I experienced the reign of the great Dean Smith, and survivor of '93 celebration in Chapel Hill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I graduated '95 too. Maybe I bumped into you on Franklin St. I remember (mostly /images/graemlins/smile.gif) that night. The rain is the only thing that kept all the bonfires under control! I wonder if they pulled all the blue spray paint from the stores again this year (not that it mattered then)

Dead
04-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Syracuse fan eh?

pshreck
04-04-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Syracuse

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice job destroying your argument.

Dead
04-04-2005, 07:51 PM
He is not a true Orangemen fan. He is just a bandwagon jumper like he said.

Nick and I are the only two true Syracuse fans that have declared our allegiances on here.

JoeU
04-04-2005, 08:15 PM
I went to Syracuse for the 90-91 school year.

My #5 football jersey isn't Donovan McNabb, its Marvin Graves. I went to school with the likes of LeRon Ellis. And 2 years ago, I took my wife there to see the SU/Miami game.

I'm quite sure I'm not a bandwagon jumper. Besides, the original SU fans on this board are me and CrackerZack, I'm certain of that.

Joe

pshreck
04-04-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My #5 football jersey isn't Donovan McNabb, its Marvin Graves. I went to school with the likes of LeRon Ellis. And 2 years ago, I took my wife there to see the SU/Miami game.

I'm quite sure I'm not a bandwagon jumper. Besides, the original SU fans on this board are me and CrackerZack, I'm certain of that.

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

So you went to Syracuse.

Dead, did you go to Syracuse?

Dead
04-04-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

So you went to Syracuse.

Dead, did you go to Syracuse?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I didn't go to Syracuse(my parents weren't aboue to let me go to school 5 minutes from my house).

But I have lived in Syracuse for years and years. I grew up here. I go to the games when I am home.

SinCityGuy
04-04-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love how they all come out of the woodwork for one game. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in my case, I'd cheer for the Iranian National team if they were playing UNC or Duke.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well Clarky,

From now until about midnight, I'd like to petition you to allow me to be a temporary bandwagon jumper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe,

You are capable of making better decisions than this.

Go Heels!!

Mike Gallo
04-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Good luck tonight. Enjoy the beer and enjoy the game.

I know nothing about college basketball.

prizminferno
04-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Jordan in the house

TAR...
HEELS!!!

pshreck
04-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Is this gonna be the thread for the game tonight? I would like a fresh one, but I dont feel worthy of making it.

Clark is there, so someone else do it, who is worthy.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Be careful - any more "Official" threads might set the ootards in a rage. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pshreck
04-04-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Be careful - any more "Official" threads might set the ootards in a rage. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont have to say official, just a thread for the gameplay.

ethan
04-04-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well Clarky,

[/ QUOTE ]

Right there with you.

Gooooooo Illini!

JinX11
04-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Let's get it on - go Heels!!!

JoeU
04-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Sorry JinX, but Illinois is +EV for me tonight. I win 2 money pools and the coveted Zoo pool. That would make me the 2+2 supreme bracketologist.

For those reasons, I'm pulling for the Illini. But believe me, if it were UNC-Duke, its Tar Heels all the way!

Joe

Dead
04-04-2005, 09:18 PM
I wish Louisville were still in it, because I can't really strand either of those two teams. I can stand UNC more, however.

JoeU
04-04-2005, 09:20 PM
To go further Dead, I lived in Sadler Hall. Day and Flint are at the top of the hill (122 steps if I remember correctly), and all the athletes lived on South Campus, except for the 3rd string center, who lived next to me on the 8th floor. Brewster/Boland are probably as close to "da hood" as anyone would like to get, and walking around the Carrier Dome to get to class every day sucked because the wind that whipped around the building was terrible.

Should I have to go on, or am I some kind of Syracuse stalker? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

JinX11
04-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Hmmm...I can understand then.

I predict one of the best Finals games in many years. In fact, I'm predicting an double overtime game.

That, or a 18 point Tarheel victory. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JinX11
04-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Nice start for the good guys...Illini missing some easy looks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MEbenhoe
04-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Everytime UNC scores I drink

Everytime Illini score roommate drinks

3's = 2 drinks

My beer = Corona and Newcastle Brown Ale
Roommate = Miller Lite

Game On!!!

pshreck
04-04-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed hard at the idea of drinking these two beers in the same sitting.

Other than that, sounds like a fun drinking game.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Roommate = Miller Lite

[/ QUOTE ]

This says it all. Figures an Illini supporter would also support pansy-ass beer.

Dead
04-04-2005, 09:34 PM
You've convinced me Joe.

But there isn't really a "hood" in Syracuse. There aren't really any part of the city that is bad. I feel comfortable walking/driving around just about any part of it.

tech
04-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Why is Illinois trying to run with UNC? Seems to me like their game would be to try and slow it down -- that is how teams have been successful against UNC this year.

MEbenhoe
04-04-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Roommate = Miller Lite

[/ QUOTE ]

This says it all. Figures an Illini supporter would also support pansy-ass beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corona and Newcastle pwn Miller Lite

MEbenhoe
04-04-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed hard at the idea of drinking these two beers in the same sitting.

Other than that, sounds like a fun drinking game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have enough of either one left to just stick with one.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is Illinois trying to run with UNC? Seems to me like their game would be to try and slow it down -- that is how teams have been successful against UNC this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right - trying to run is how Wisconsin got in a lot of trouble. On the season, UNC is only 4-3 in games where they score &lt; 70 points.

Now, Illinois is quite a bit better than Wisconsin. They can play in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. Arizona was a running team and Illinois beat them at their own game.

Illinois sure does run a LOT of moving screens, though!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Illinois sure does run a LOT of moving screens, though!!

They run about as many moving screens as UNC calls time outs when they are already out of bounce

pshreck
04-04-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Illinois sure does run a LOT of moving screens, though!!

They run about as many moving screens as UNC calls time outs when they are already out of bounce

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? He clearly had that time out. What did you see?

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 09:49 PM
yes... after he was out of bounce....

Dead
04-04-2005, 09:50 PM
This is a really good game. Lots of threes being shot.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Yeah. Drink a Miller Lite there, buddy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pshreck
04-04-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes... after he was out of bounce....

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get it. bounce?

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 09:52 PM
explain to me whcih official was in position to call that TO... you got tivo or just crack?

prizminferno
04-04-2005, 09:52 PM
explain where the 2nd foul on Felton was first

pshreck
04-04-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
explain to me whcih official was in position to call that TO... you got tivo or just crack?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I remember it there was an official... right freaking next to him, and could clearly see the time out sign from his angle. The call was fine.

JinX11
Just like online poker, the refs are rigged. You're no fool.

Cubswin
Drink a Miller Lite there

blah... im drinking that other crappy bear... bud light

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Im an Illini fan but if they shoot like this all game they have perhaps a 10% chance to win this game.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 09:55 PM
could clearly see the time out sign from his angle.

tivo it .... there is no angle and he calls it after the foot is down...... im over it....

pshreck
04-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Wtf... 3 on 1 ... lets .... go get behind the 3 point line and take a low percentage 3 pointer, as opposed to an almost guaranteed 2 point basket? That was dumb, even if he made the 3.

JinX11
[ QUOTE ]
Im an Illini fan but if they shoot like this all game they have perhaps a 10% chance to win this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark must be ripping his hair out right now after running a 3-1 fast break and settling for a bad 3 point opportunity.

EDIT: yes, Illini not shooting lights out, but hey, UNC only up 4 points considering. Illinois should feel great about this.

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]
could clearly see the time out sign from his angle.

tivo it .... there is no angle and he calls it after the foot is down...... im over it....

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you arent over it, because I dont have Tivo, dont remember it exactly, and I still want to win.

sublime
04-04-2005, 09:59 PM
was jack ingram on COPS before?

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:00 PM
No, you arent over it, because I dont have Tivo, dont remember it exactly, and I still want to win.

you dont have tivo and im drunk..... we'll call it a draw /images/graemlins/smile.gif

JinX11
dammit, Manuel!!!

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]

you dont have tivo and im drunk..... we'll call it a draw /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL sure /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:02 PM
i guess powell needs to be sodomized for a foul to be called????

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Illini still cant make a shot.

They should just be trying to keep it close at this point.

Dead
I think the officials are doing a fine job.

And does anyone besides me like these Applebee's commercials? They have this nice homey feeling about them.

prizminferno
oh shut the [censored] up! he is throwing elbows left and right. offensive foul PLEASE

JinX11
[ QUOTE ]
Just like online poker, the refs are rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cubswin
is it half-time yet??? i have about 4 pounds of wings calling my name....

pshreck
04-04-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I am definetly not gonna argue with you on that one. I think after the 3rd fould not called the refs are thinking "ok, i guess we arent just gonna call one on this play? wow, the other guys didnt call it yet? this is cool, wow, we still arent calling a foul"

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They should just be trying to keep it close at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

They look shaky, but they have heart. They'll make a game of this. They are way too good just to fold up shop.

pshreck
04-04-2005, 10:06 PM
"I don't look at myself as a basketball coach, I look at myself as a leader, who happens to coach basketball."

I nominate this as the dumbest think Coach K has ever said.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, bad calls are even. The fact that Dee Brown is tripping May doesn't matter, apparently.

Dead
04-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Umm..... yeah......

pshreck
04-04-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Umm..... yeah......

[/ QUOTE ]

Please stop playing like tards Illinois and give me at least one competitve game out of the whole final 4. If its 15 at half time...

Dead
04-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Another reason why I hate Carolina slightly less:

I think that Roy Williams deserves a championship. He's gotten so close so many times. I think it's time.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:11 PM
OK, bad calls are even.

may walks then throws a fore-arm shiver on deron... and you call it even? sigh....i need my wings...

Dead
04-04-2005, 10:12 PM
If Illinois loses this game, are you and Clark going to blame it on "bad" calls?

istewart
04-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Postgame news stories will be much more fun to watch if Williams loses, though.

And yes, Coach K is officially a media whore.

Dead
04-04-2005, 10:13 PM
I didn't see anything about Coach K? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Seriously - I want you to watch the Illinois offense this next half. Watch all the screens they run. Watch how the screen is not at all stationary.

prizminferno
Illinois = simply overmatched

Cubswin
nah... IL is not playing its game right now.... the bad calls are only salt on the wounds... how does that phat phuck go a half without a foul? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

zaxx19
Halftime thoughts:

1) UNC has played decently but shown themselves to be kind of sloppy with the ball.

2) Illinois just cant hit a shot. For a perimeter team with no real inside threat facing perhaps the most stacked team in the nation this is just too high of a hurdle to overcome.

If Illinois doesnt get hot at the 3 point line this game will be over within 10 minutes of the second half. It is really just that simple.

Ianco15
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's talking about the comercial for AMEX that Coach K does. It's basically free recruiting for Duke.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Seriously - I want you to watch the Illinois offense this next half. Watch all the screens they run. Watch how the screen is not at all stationary.

its call a roll... and its legal

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Illinois = simply overmatched

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think any serious fan could really believe this from the way the 1st half played out.

Dead
04-04-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's talking about the comercial for AMEX that Coach K does. It's basically free recruiting for Duke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I don't like it much either, but a lot of Americans respect Coach K, so that's why Amex chose him.

pshreck
04-04-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no issue with the free recruiting from the commercial. I just think his coach/leader/coach quote is so amazingly stupid.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:19 PM
OK... if im BAM i come out with the full court press.... it would catch UNC by surprise and im sure they would get 2 quick turnovers....

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

its call a roll... and its legal

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Moving screens are not legal. Moving into players to create a screen is not legal. Rolling out of screens is perfectly legal and is not what I'm referring to.

holeplug
04-04-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If Illinois doesnt get hot at the 3 point line this game will be over within 10 minutes of the second half. It is really just that simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah pretty much. Live by the 3 and now die by the 3.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:20 PM
I just think his coach/leader/coach quote is so amazingly stupid.

i agree.

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Im sure Coach K is reading this right now and feels utterly crushed....

Or maybe he is in the Carribean on a yacht satellite phoning some bluechippers and calling his broker to make some calls on Oil futures...

Im guessing its the whole on a yacht thing.

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]
OK... if im BAM i come out with the full court press.... it would catch UNC by surprise and im sure they would get 2 quick turnovers....

[/ QUOTE ]

... and burn themselves out to play 20 minutes of solid basketball.

AngryCola
[ QUOTE ]

1) UNC has played decently but shown themselves to be kind of sloppy with the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

While UNC has been more sloppy with the ball, Illinois has played a sloppier game.

JinX11
[ QUOTE ]

Or maybe he is in the Carribean on a yacht satellite phoning some bluechippers and calling his broker to make some calls on Oil futures...

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

pshreck
04-04-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me never criticize a rich person again.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

... and burn themselves out to play 20 minutes of solid basketball.

[/ QUOTE ]

They only need about 3 minutes to rattle off 13 straight points. Ask Arizona how I know.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:23 PM
No. Moving screens are not legal. Moving into players to create a screen is not legal. Rolling out of screens is perfectly legal and is not what I'm referring to.

errrrrrr...... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

http://www.crack-pipes.com/crack-pipe.jpg

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

errrrrrr...... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

http://www.crack-pipes.com/crack-pipe.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's do it, dude.

pshreck
04-04-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

They only need about 3 minutes and a complete offensive collapse from the other team to rattle off 13 straight points. Ask Arizona how I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:25 PM
crack is gooooood

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They only need about 3 minutes and a complete offensive collapse from the other team to rattle off 13 straight points. Ask Arizona how I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. First 5 minutes are key.

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Go ahead. Just dont be angry or upset when someone interjects a little reality into 2+2ville.

Furthermore, and perhaps I should have stated this in the thread, Coach K isnt just rich, he went to West Point and has excelled at Duke beyond pretty much all of his contemporaries. He has done all this without even a whisper of impropriety and while keeping academic integrity a priority.

For the record- I hate Duke, and root against them against any opponent.

pshreck
04-04-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go ahead. Just dont be angry or upset when someone interjects a little reality into 2+2ville.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im stepping out of reality by calling him out on a stupid quote? Not like I said he was stupid for making the commercial.

zaxx19
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, they need an initial push to get it to something manageable, like 8, or else it could get ugly.

Cubswin
speaking of crack... FG% at half:

IL: 27.8
UNC: 53.3

ouch... IL should be happy to be down only 13...

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, they need an initial push to get it to something manageable, like 8, or else it could get ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

If UNC plays smart, they'll go inside to May just about every possession of those 5 minutes to counteract any offensive surge Illinois might bring. Outside shots for UNC = bad right now.

Dead
04-04-2005, 10:32 PM
May is unstoppable. The 3 guard choice of Illinois(tiny dudes) can't handle him. May can totally overpower Powell at will.

And now Augustine has 4 fouls.

Illinois= fcked.

tech
04-04-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If Illinois doesnt get hot at the 3 point line this game will be over within 10 minutes of the second half.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was over a long time ago.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:35 PM
May is unstoppable.

especially when hes allowed to lower his shoulder into powell and no whistle is blown... but yet augies gets called for nickle and dimers

tech
04-04-2005, 10:35 PM
It might have been useful for Illinois to actually watch some game film of UNC.

Dead
04-04-2005, 10:36 PM
I think the refs are being pretty fair. They're letting them play. They know that UNC likes to play a fast running game.

riffraff
They need to move the 3-point line back in NCAA.

JinX11
And another moving screen.

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Best case scenario for Ill is May breaking his hand on a dunk attempt at this point.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If UNC plays smart, they'll go inside to May just about every possession of those 5 minutes to counteract any offensive surge Illinois might bring. Outside shots for UNC = bad right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

pshreck
04-04-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Best case scenario for Ill is May breaking his hand on a dunk attempt at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

They need to bring in an interim coach right now, and his name is John Chaney.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:39 PM
They need to move the 3-point line back in NCAA.

*** nods head in agreement***

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:40 PM

you complain more then me.... you must have a very big vagina /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]

*** nods head in agreement***

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats too much physical activity, just stick to sitting, eating and drinking.

JinX11
[ QUOTE ]

you complain more then me.... you must have a very big vagina /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

with sand in it.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pshreck
04-04-2005, 10:42 PM
UNC is pulling away. Game over.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...you better hit the "Live" button on your Tivo, friend.

Cubswin
with sand in it.

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...you better hit the "Live" button on your Tivo, friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

51-48. Game over.

MEbenhoe
04-04-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you actually possibly complaining about the officiating here? UNC has gotten almost every call so far, and has been allowed to get away with a lot of clear fouls on Illinois. Suddenly a couple things get called on UNC and you start whining? HAHAHA

pshreck
Ok Im back to reality now.... that foul on may is definetly the worst call of the game so far. Im not even sure he made contact whatsoever.

Cubswin
may called for a foul....OMFG!!!!!

They hit him for a bs foul after they missed the first 3

Reef
04-04-2005, 10:46 PM
it's a game now

Dead
UNC can still hold on I think.

They'll keep feeding it to May.

MEbenhoe
[ QUOTE ]
may called for a foul....OMFG!!!!!

They hit him for a bs foul after they missed the first 3

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:47 PM
put in nick smith with those pointy ass elbows to blind that phat phuck

Dead
[ QUOTE ]
UNC can still hold on I think.

They'll keep feeding it to May.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack of Arcades
Sean may doing everything in his power to stop the comeback, shows why he's such a great player, not just his talent, but his composure.

Jesus, he's taking it all in his back.

But Deron Williams is insane.

Ulysses
04-04-2005, 10:48 PM
I don't care about either team, but this sure is an exciting game to watch.

JinX11
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MEbenhoe
OMG Does Williams ever miss?!?! WOW quite a performance by him regardless of the result.

Dead
HUGE THREE.

istewart
04-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Nice pass by May.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you actually possibly complaining about the officiating here? UNC has gotten almost every call so far, and has been allowed to get away with a lot of clear fouls on Illinois. Suddenly a couple things get called on UNC and you start whining? HAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

You drinking the Miller Lite now?!?!

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Illinois= A FRIGGUN TON OF HEART

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Nice pass by May.

i concur....

... now put in nick smith with those pointy ass elbows

pshreck
04-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Im drinking guiness for every rolling screen.

zaxx19
First rule - No Nick Smith....EVER.

prizminferno
is Illinois going to play basketball or shoot 3s all game?

Cubswin
almost as depressing as the notion of IL losing this game... i am down to my last beer /images/graemlins/frown.gif where did they all go?????

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:52 PM
I predict that Star Wars Episode III will somehow suck worse than the first two episodes.

zaxx19
Is UNC gonna play BBALL or push it inside to May every possesion??

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]
almost as depressing as the notion of IL losing this game... i am down to my last beer /images/graemlins/frown.gif where did they all go?????

[/ QUOTE ]

This is dissapointing. I never have less than 30 in my fridge.

Ill drink a beer for everyone you miss now.

Cubswin
ummm... where was the foul???????

prizminferno
04-04-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is UNC gonna play BBALL or push it inside to May every possesion??

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, touche. but these 3s are unbelievable.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i am down to my last beer /images/graemlins/frown.gif where did they all go?????

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your own fault. I told you this was going double OT. You should make a run right now.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:54 PM

im on a good clip right now... 11.5 down so far and i started about 15 minutes before tip... do me proud!!!!

pshreck
04-04-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

im on a good clip right now... 11.5 down so far and i started about 15 minutes before tip... do me proud!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL jesus christ. Wtf are you funneling or something?

Cubswin
I told you this was going double OT.

Dont make me bust out the listerine

zaxx19
If it does go to 2OT here is hoping Shawn May has an outstanding court appearance to make in the next 30 minutes.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Even I have to say...

[ QUOTE ]
ummm... where was the foul???????

[/ QUOTE ]

on that one.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 10:59 PM
these calls agaisnt may are getting laughable... his ass takes up 2 zip codes and when he swings it around the whistle should be blown.....

pshreck
04-04-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
his ass takes up 2 zip codes

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that was uncalled for. Apologize.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 11:01 PM
sorry... three zip codes

Dead
04-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Sean May is not fat.

You are clearly just another drunk, irrational Illini fan. He has a ton of muscle.

I really hope UNC wins this now. I never want Illinois to win a championship after seeing some of the stupidity displayed by Illini fans.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 11:03 PM
lots of muscles... and fat

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sean May is not fat.

You are clearly just another drunk, irrational Illini fan. He has a ton of muscle.

I really hope UNC wins this now. I never want Illinois to win a championship after seeing some of the stupidity displayed by Illini fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead, I have to admit, I feel a little odd about a Yankees fan rooting for my Tarheels.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 11:04 PM
I never want Illinois to win a championship after seeing some of the stupidity displayed by Illini fans.

get over it... get a sense of humor

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Augustine is a moran.

Dead
Oh man you guys are [censored] now.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Augustine fouls out.

Cubswin
and may has 1 foul....... what a joke

pshreck
04-04-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sean May is not fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cubs has been having a good time in this thread and being pretty jovial.

Has all the Dead hating hardened you? Lighten up...

Number4
04-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Billy Packer with 8:30 left - Bring Augustine back
Billy Packer after he fouls out - "They shouldn't have had him in"
What a moron.

JinX11
[ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Augustine fouls out.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet, Illinois hangs close. 2 point game.

Dead
Officials know that May is bigger so they know that Illinois guys are going to try to get cheap on him. They're aware of it and are acting accordingly.

Cubswin

just like they were [censored] when he fouled out down 15 to AZ

MEbenhoe
[ QUOTE ]
Sean May is the fattest player in the NCAA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed Your Post

sfer
04-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Wow. This is pretty exciting.

Huskiez
TIE GAME. 65-65.

Dead
MONEY.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TIE GAME. 65-65.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clutch 3 by Felton.

Dead
04-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Where's Illinois going to go after Ingram fouls out?

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 11:10 PM
one foul on may... good officiating

MEbenhoe
Even if he wins, Roy Williams still is a terrible big game coach. Seriously, how wide open Williams is every time down the court is ridiculous. Keep it up Roy.

Number4
I'm going to go out on a limb and say they will shoot threes.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even if he wins, Roy Williams still is a terrible big game coach. Seriously, how wide open Williams is every time down the court is ridiculous. Keep it up Roy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can suck donkey balls as long as they win this game.

MEbenhoe
04-04-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very true, I was merely making this comment because if they win suddenly it will be as though Roy isn't the worst big game coach ever, while he clearly still is.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Where's Illinois going to go after Ingram fouls out?

bring in nick smith and his pointy elbows... god damn i should be the coach

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very true, I was merely making this comment because if they win suddenly it will be as though Roy isn't the worst big game coach ever, while he clearly still is.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Worst" is strong. Gotta give Illinois credit for storming back like this.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Terrible fast break.

Jack of Arcades
Oh snap!

Dead
Jeez.

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 11:16 PM
FULL COURT PRESS

Huskiez
04-04-2005, 11:16 PM
2:32 left, tie game.

Can you imagine if UNC loses this one?

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I predict one of the best Finals games in many years. In fact, I'm predicting an double overtime game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Settle in, boys and girls.

Dead
04-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Roy will never hear the end of it if UNC loses this one. I really hope that they don't for that reason.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Packer sees it. I see it. You see it, too.

Dead
04-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I see it as well.

Ulysses
04-04-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care about either team, but this sure is an exciting game to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Marvin Williams gets honorable mention for Goat of the Game.

Dead
04-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Now I think it is over, but never say never with Illinois I guess.

Huskiez
04-04-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now I think it is over, but never say never with Illinois I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 point game and 25 seconds left and it's over? In this game??

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you ready for the tying three from Illinois??

Reef
04-04-2005, 11:24 PM
UNC wins. gg

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like no.

Now its all but over. They just have to make 1 of these.

Dead
Congratulations to the Tar Heels of North Carolina.

They have earned this victory.

JinX11
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like no.

Now its all but over. They just have to make 1 of these.

[/ QUOTE ]

w00t!!!

Dead
04-04-2005, 11:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to ROY WILLIAMS as well. You earned it Roy.

pshreck
04-04-2005, 11:26 PM
What a weak, weak ending to a good game. That was a shame.

Vince Young
04-04-2005, 11:27 PM
May and McCants having sweaty man sex?

Jack of Arcades
04-04-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The dream is complete....

UNC beats Wisconsin in the Regional Finals. ---CHECK---
UNC beats Michigan St. the National Semis. ---CHECK---
UNC beats Illinois in the Finals. ---CHECK---

I rag every Big Ten supporter on 2+2 for a long, long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

DANGERGOODSON - I'm calling you out, sucka!!!!!! Ahhh hahahahahaha! ACC pwns!

MEbenhoe
04-04-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO

istewart
04-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Good game, but call an illegal screen next time. On either team, Christ.

Dead
04-04-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO

[/ QUOTE ]

YES. DUKE LOSES. DUKE LOSES.

THE YANKEEES WIN. THUHH YANKEEEES WIN!!!!!

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Stat of the game:

Ill is 27/68 from the field.

12/38 from the 3 point line. They shoot better they probably win. Its really that simple.

TaxGoddess
GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/emlyb/1heel.jpg

Creepy Guy
YEAHHH UNC!!!!

prizminferno
04-04-2005, 11:31 PM
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!

MEbenhoe
04-04-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO

[/ QUOTE ]

YES. DUKE LOSES. DUKE LOSES.

THE YANKEEES WIN. THUHH YANKEEEES WIN!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i.xanga.com/FusionGT2/rabbit%20and%20pancake.jpg

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 11:32 PM
I get the feeling this wont be the last NC for Williams.

Im guessing 3 total when he steps away from the job.

UNC has rearrived. They will be a monster of a program barring some unforseen roadblocks.

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The matchup everyone has wanted all year is about to happen.

Illinois and UNC for all the marbles.

I've long maintaned that it was Illinois, then UNC, then everyone else. I still think that, and anticipate a great close game with Illinois pulling it out in a close one.

May is a beast but the key to this team is Felton and I think that our defense led by Deron Williams will be able to really disrupt him and the UNC offense. We have plenty of bodies to throw at May so that helps.

Anyways, it certainly feels like a heavyweight title fight. All year long hurtling towards each other. It should be a great one, I'll be there all decked in Orange.

Go Illinois!

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark - man, your team deserved better. Seriously. That Illini team has heart and that goes a long ways in my book.

MEbenhoe
04-04-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UNC has rearrived. They will be a monster of a program barring some unforseen roadblocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the sudden loss of all the talent that Williams didn't even recruit himself?

Cubswin
04-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Congrats tar heel fans. Well deserved win... played a great game tonight.... and got few whistles against them /images/graemlins/wink.gif sean may gets one foul against him all night... no need for me to comment on that.

U of I is still the better team IMHO... AZ, UNC, DUKE.... all had more talent.... IL is a true team and a rarity in NCAA BB these days. they showed heart and win this game 6 out of 10 times. great season for the illini... they get a few bounces and a few more shots to fall and they win it.... unfortunately this was not their night... as a cub fan all i can say is ...."there's always next year"

cubs

ps... UNC has alway been my fav team after the illini (thanks to MJ). congrats to them again... and sean may is still fat.....

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the sudden loss of all the talent that Williams didn't even recruit himself?

[/ QUOTE ]

*ding!*

Dead
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.nitro-movies.com/images/movies/Sour%20Grapes.jpg

zaxx19
Hmmm, I suppose the UNC underclassmen look talentless???

And of course an already attractive program winning a NC in a compelling games is horrible for recruiting.

I dont think talent is gonna be a problem @ UNC in the long run.

Dead
04-04-2005, 11:36 PM
I told you that you guys would whine about the officiating.

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Dude, you are a Yankee fan who doesnt live in NYC...

STFU.