PDA

View Full Version : NYC Clubs

ceyoung
04-02-2005, 11:23 PM
I have a friend coming to visit next saturday and he wants to goto a club in NYC. When I go into NYC we just goto bars, and I haven't been to a club yet. Can anyone suggest a good one? or a website where I can look for one?

mason55
04-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Crobar is nice but you'll dump a decent chunk of change trying to get drunk there. But it's really really sweet.

KDawgCometh
04-02-2005, 11:43 PM
limelight is really trendy, so if your friend is into that scene then that's not a bad place to go. I'm a bar or Music club man myself, so I don't try to claim to be any type of authority on night clubs

mason55
04-03-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
limelight is really trendy, so if your friend is into that scene then that's not a bad place to go. I'm a bar or Music club man myself, so I don't try to claim to be any type of authority on night clubs

[/ QUOTE ]

dude... limelight got closed years ago because of drugs

KDawgCometh
04-03-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

like I said, I don't go to night clubs, lol. Its either hitting up a jazz or rock place or a bar for me. oh well, disregard what I said /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Paluka
04-03-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Limelight is still open, it is called The Avalon now.

mason55
04-03-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Limelight is still open, it is called The Avalon now.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i know. but if this guy goes looking for limelight he's not going to find it. and avalon sucks anyways.

ceyoung
04-03-2005, 01:08 AM
im really looking for a house club with lots of girls. any more ideas?

mason55
04-03-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im really looking for a house club with lots of girls. any more ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

crobar. avalon really isn't that bad. roxy on... friday. saturday is gay night at roxy. those are your 3 best bets, in order of my preference. crobar is way ahead though.

Evan
04-03-2005, 01:17 AM
A lot of my friends from school (NYU) go to Avalon on weekends.

bdk3clash
04-03-2005, 01:18 AM
I would say you're more likely to have a good time at a lounge-type place, as the big-ass clubs are pretty lame for the most part.

New York CitySearch (http://newyork.citysearch.com) is a fine place to start a search. Personally I'm more of a bar guy, so others might have some recommendations.

I strongly advise getting drunk beforehand.

Stay downtown (below 14th Street)--if you decide on a change of venue this will make things much easier.

ceyoung
04-03-2005, 01:28 AM
i goto nyc about every 2 weeks, but my friends dont like the big clubs. so i know the dive bar/soho scene pretty well. i am a big fan of clubs. we used to go and see big DJ's all the time when i lived in california, so the big club is no problem.

mason55
04-03-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i goto nyc about every 2 weeks, but my friends dont like the big clubs. so i know the dive bar/soho scene pretty well. i am a big fan of clubs. we used to go and see big DJ's all the time when i lived in california, so the big club is no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

check ahead on the internet, i'm sure you can find a list of what djs are going to be where in nyc for the weekend you're going. you sound like you actually know what you're talking about. there are big clubs in nyc that are worth it and play thumpin house music for hot rich people every weekend. just stay away from stupid 3 story super clubs. god i hate those places.

HoldEm_Hero
04-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Avalon s decent but only on Saturday nights. Go to Avalon on Friday or Saturday but don't go to the entrance on 6th Ave. go around to the side and you'll find the entrance to Spider Club. It rocks, its in the top of Avalon, really good music and really good looking model chicks. The guy at the front is Richie, he is my booker for Elite Men, he is cool as hell and he should hook you guys up, tell him your on Michael James list (free drink tickets if you do). DOnt be doucebags though and dont look like your from New Jersey. Or I might suggest Pangeae, its right around Houston and Broadwayish area, next street east of BWAY actually i think, youll find good music there and again good looking girls. Crobar is decent but its a bitch to get into and there are a bunch of strange ppl there. You wont have a good time. Hope this helps.

ceyoung
04-04-2005, 11:14 AM
awesome info thanks. is it ok to use the guestlist? should i drop a sup bro?

HoldEm_Hero
04-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Absolutely use the guest list, it's why I brought it up. Richie is a british guy about 5'10, ask if hes there, like I said hell take care of you. If hes not there just tell them your on Michael James list. Hes a promoter, also a cool guy. This should get you in free of $30 cover and should get you a couple free drinks.

ceyoung
04-04-2005, 11:46 AM
awesome, ill definately check that out on saturday. hopefully, there wont be a lot of other 2+2er's asking for richie that night. /images/graemlins/wink.gif