PDA

View Full Version : yanks-sox

lu_hawk
04-02-2005, 10:54 PM
i will be at the game tomorrow night if the weather lets up. anyone else going to be there? been looking forward to it for awhile.

Wormwood
04-02-2005, 10:55 PM
yes! go sox!

tbach24
04-02-2005, 11:00 PM
lucky bastard. go sox!!!!!!

GrekeHaus
04-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Now that the Sox have finally won a WS, I have no reason not to hate them. They're like the wannabe Yankees.

I hate both of these teams and will be pulling for fights/injuries. The Pedro vs. Zimmer moment was one of the finest in the history of sports.

Go Twins!!!

Ianco15
04-02-2005, 11:05 PM
I hate the Yankees, but I hate the Sox too, so I want both teams to lose, if possible.

Question for Sox fans: Are you guys going to chant "2000" at Yankees games now?

Wormwood
04-02-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Pedro vs. Zimmer moment was one of the finest in the history of sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finest...indeed.

istewart
04-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Go Yanks.

tbach24
04-02-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Pedro vs. Zimmer moment was one of the finest in the history of sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finest...indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arod vs. Tek...nuff said

Lazymeatball
04-02-2005, 11:09 PM
What's up with people hating the Sox? Are they just sick of all the slurping media coverage or something, or does it have something to do with having the second highest payroll in MLB and still acting like they're some underdog? Because neglecting those factors they are a really fun team to watch with alot of interesting (and agonizing at times) history. Obviously I'm biased.

Wormwood
04-02-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's up with people hating the Sox? Are they just sick of all the slurping media coverage or something, or does it have something to do with having the second highest payroll in MLB and still acting like they're some underdog? Because neglecting those factors they are a really fun team to watch with alot of interesting (and agonizing at times) history. Obviously I'm biased.

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Red Sox.

istewart
04-02-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone's sick of the people that pretended to be lifelong Red Sox fans after Game 7 of the ALCS.

Blackjack
04-02-2005, 11:15 PM
I root for the sox... but i'm not diehard by any means and I've lived in NE my entire life. The Patriots on the other hand.. I <3 them.

NLSoldier
04-02-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now that the Sox have finally won a WS, I have no reason not to hate them. They're like the wannabe Yankees.

I hate both of these teams and will be pulling for fights/injuries. The Pedro vs. Zimmer moment was one of the finest in the history of sports.

Go Twins!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

GrekeHaus
04-02-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's up with people hating the Sox? Are they just sick of all the slurping media coverage or something, or does it have something to do with having the second highest payroll in MLB and still acting like they're some underdog?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you hit the nail right on the head here. Try rooting for a team like the Twins once and you'll understand. We have to accept here that once one of our players becomes a superstar and is a free agent, he'll no longer be a Twin. There's just no way we can compete with a salary offered by the Yankees or Red Sox or other such team. Steinbrenner is mostly to blame for this, but the Red Sox aren't making it an easier on us.

jstnrgrs
04-03-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Patriots on the other hand.. I <3 them.

[/ QUOTE ]

translation please

jstnrgrs
04-03-2005, 12:55 AM
The twins have won two world series in the past 20 years, and they make the playoffs every year. You have nothing to complain about.

Jack of Arcades
04-03-2005, 01:25 AM
Blame it on your owner.

DougOzzzz
04-03-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's up with people hating the Sox? Are they just sick of all the slurping media coverage or something, or does it have something to do with having the second highest payroll in MLB and still acting like they're some underdog?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Mets actually surpassed the Sox in terms of payroll this year. I'm not sure though.

The thing is... the difference between the Red Sox and Yankees in payroll is larger than the difference between the Red Sox and the average MLB team.

istewart
04-03-2005, 01:50 AM
The Sox are ahead of the Mets I believe.

DougOzzzz
04-03-2005, 02:30 AM
You're right. Someone told me otherwise....

BigD226
04-03-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone's sick of the people that pretended to be lifelong Red Sox fans after Game 7 of the ALCS.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Sox fan since '84 I'm sick of these people too, but I'm a lot more sick of people who are "lifelong" Yankee fans since 1996.

GrekeHaus
04-03-2005, 06:09 AM
I do blame it on our owner. I hate him, but no Twins owner would be able to afford a $100 million payroll.

The two World Series we won were in a different era of baseball, where the gap between rich and poor was much smaller.

We make the playoffs every year because we play in the worst division in baseball.

Sure, there are much worse things than being a Twins fan. They're a solid young team with a lot of heart, I was merely pointing out why i hate the red sox.

Think about the Royals for instance. They had to trade Beltran because it was the only way they were getting anything for him. He would have become a free agent, and there was no chance for them to resign him.

Jack of Arcades
04-03-2005, 06:20 AM
Oh, I know that. I definitely think Minnesota could put out, say, a $70 mil payroll and be very successful.

I mean, it's not like Steinbrenner just has all this money to spend because he's in New York. That's part of it, but he's got smart business sense.

FWIW, I wouldn't mind seeing a moderate salary cap ($100 mil) with a decent floor ($50 mil). We'll never see the floor, though. Owners are too cheap.

NLSoldier
04-03-2005, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I know that. I definitely think Minnesota could put out, say, a $70 mil payroll and be very successful.

I mean, it's not like Steinbrenner just has all this money to spend because he's in New York. That's part of it, but he's got smart business sense.

FWIW, I wouldn't mind seeing a moderate salary cap ($100 mil) with a decent floor ($50 mil). We'll never see the floor, though. Owners are too cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lack of a salary cap makes bassseballl the joke it iss. WHo can take this [censored] gay asss sport serious when one iteam has like 10x the payroll of the team they are playing, its not even fukcign funym its just stupod, who wants to watch taht [censored]?

Jack of Arcades
04-03-2005, 06:55 AM
The salary cap is not a tool of competitive balance, it's a tool of collusion used to drive down player salaries. If they want competitive balance, they'd switch completely to an NFL style system. That'll never happen, because NFL players are bitches to the owners and the MLB Union is still strong.

The only thing a salary cap would change is that teams like the yanks, mets, rangers, etc would only be able to spend, say, $80 mil. Meanwhile, Milwaukee would still have a $35 million payroll.

Meanwhile, the MLB will probably have its most popular season ever.

Tyler Durden
04-03-2005, 06:58 AM
Is this an exhibition or Opening Night? I have no idea. TIA.

NLSoldier
04-03-2005, 07:00 AM
NFL pwns n00bs.

MLB is a n00b.

NFL pwns MLB.

Jack of Arcades
04-03-2005, 07:08 AM
NFL owes its popularity to a multitude of reasons, its "salary cap" (I use it in quotes, because its much more than that) is pretty far down on the list.

Reasons include: gambling, TV Deals, short season, low requirements from fans (3 hours/wk for 4 months), the format of the sport being perfect for TV (commercials every two seconds, the short attention span needed), the violence of the sport, etc.

NBA has a salary cap, too. Nobody cares.

Uglyowl
04-03-2005, 08:48 AM
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=alex+rodriguez/v=2/SID=e/TID=I040_85/l=IVI/SIG=12psno3ld/EXP=1112618834/*-http%3A//espndeportes.espn.go.com/2003/sponsors/r_rodriguez_alex_ht.jpg

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=2004+american+league+championship/v=2/SID=e/TID=I040_85/l=IVI/SIG=127cip33a/EXP=1112619039/*-http%3A//home.comcast.net/~jleistikow/blog/pedro2.jpg