PDA

View Full Version : I Suck Heads Up!

compsolv
04-02-2005, 10:36 PM
I need some ideas for heads up play....I find my self waiting for Ax or pairs and getting taken out by the blinds eventually.

I am guessing that I need some nice bluff all-ins with other hands - if so what type of hands? Kx, or xxs?....I would love to get some ideas on what you guys like to do heads up as oppossed to my weak play.....

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to post anything other than a flame.

valenzuela
04-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Push any 2 until somebody gives you better advice.

ZBTHorton
04-03-2005, 12:03 AM
I've seen much worse advice.

IMTheWalrus8
04-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Try raising every single time you're in the SB - a lot of times you can get away with 2xBB, but if it takes 3xBB so be it. If he comes over the top of you, keep doing it. It's amazing how often this works. This is better at Stars where the blinds won't eat you up by the time you're HU.

Ideally he'll play back at you when you have a hand. Main thing is to be aggressive. Waiting for a hand is no good.

curtains
04-03-2005, 02:21 AM
One simple example. If the blinds are 250-500, you have 3000 chips and you are dealt T8o in the SB, you should move allin. This should lead you to understand that you shuold be going allin with a lot worse hands than Ax or Kx once the blinds get high.

benfranklin
04-03-2005, 03:03 AM
I think that this is one of the few things that you can actually learn watching the WPT and other all-in fests on TV. Especially when they are down to 2 or 3 very good players (Gus H., Danny N., etc.) Tape the last hour of the next couple of shows, and study the heads up play, paying particular attention to what they do when first to act.

I think that my play once I'm in the money has been helped greatly by watching these shows. The first hour of a WPT broadcast is generally OK for entertainment, useless for learning.