PDA

View Full Version : No limit books

10-21-2002, 03:43 PM
What are the best and which should I avoid? Thank.

happyjaypee
10-21-2002, 10:34 PM
There, saddly, isn't much work on the subject yet. However, i can suggest 2 books I have reed myself. Those two helped my game a lot.

1st: Pot-Limit and No-Limit Hold'em by T.J. Cloutier.

That book focus mainly on tournement play but contains very valuable advise applicable in ring games.

2nd: Pot-Limit and No-Limit Poker by Bob Ciaffone and Stewart Reuben.

That one has been rated the best work on PL and NL on the market. After reading it, I understanded why. The book treat about games like: PL&NL Hold'em, PL Omaha, PL 7-stud, NL lowball and NL London Lowball (similar to Razz). The later games are not played a lot theses days but contains valuable advise applicable to HE and O. Ther is also a chapter on High/Low split applicable for PL Omaha HiLo.

those books are available on www.amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com)

10-22-2002, 05:35 AM
I would also reccomend the Reuben/Ciaffone book as well as Improve Your Poker by Ciaffone. The Theory of Poker by Sklansky must also be mentioned as it is a classic that everyone should read no matter kind of poker you play.

The Cloutier cook is OK although I think Ciaffones books are much better. I found very little in Cloutiers book that I didn't already know (though I have been playing for some time, you may find it quite informative if you're relatively new to the game).