PDA

View Full Version : Paradise $100 WSOP Tourney hand

usmfan
04-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Paradise Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t10 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1560)
UTG+1 (t1790)
MP1 (t2870)
MP2 (t1470)
MP3 (t1600)
CO (t1310)
Hero (t1490)
SB (t1410)
BB (t1490)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of t10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t20, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t60</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t360</font>, Hero calls t260.

Flop: (t770) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t320</font>, Hero ?????

If I call, I'm probably committed or crippled if I lose.
If I push, what hands can he be taking this line with that I beat? AQ, QQ, JJ, AJ? No read as the tourney has just started and we've haven't finished an orbit yet.

Edit to add: Only 4 places paid, 1st get a WSOP seat.

gumpzilla
04-03-2005, 01:13 AM
I really don't like the line of minraising PF and then calling the resulting reraise. I'd like either a larger PF raise or a fold when you minraise and he comes back over you like this. Alternatively, I think just calling the raise is probably okay too, though I would tend to make it something like 200 to go here.

Having gotten to the flop in this fashion, I don't really see how you can keep hanging around here. Barring a read that dictates otherwise, the only hand that you're ahead of that he could possibly be playing this way, in my mind, is JJ. AA, AK or KK all seem like pretty possible holdings here, there are a lot more of those than JJ, and they are absolutely crushing you. The backdoor flush draw that you would have isn't to the nuts and isn't enough to make this palatable. I fold.

usmfan
04-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the thoughts. I didn't minraise PF though. The raiser made it 6BB and I bumped up to 10BB. He then re-raised to 32BB. At that point, I was getting 2:1 so I called. I was going to push any non-A, K, J flop. When he bet ~1/2 pot on the flop, I realized that I was probably up against AK, AA or KK. I folded.

gumpzilla
04-03-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the thoughts. I didn't minraise PF though. The raiser made it 6BB and I bumped up to 10BB. He then re-raised to 32BB. At that point, I was getting 2:1 so I called. I was going to push any non-A, K, J flop. When he bet ~1/2 pot on the flop, I realized that I was probably up against AK, AA or KK. I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

From your post, and knowing the blind levels at Paradise in multis, the BB is 20, not 10, so divide all of those numbers by 2. And yes, your raise was a min-raise. You made the smallest legal raise available to you at that time. What are you trying to accomplish with such a raise?

You say that given the flop action you put him on AA,KK or AK. What did you put him on when he reraised you PF? This range of hands, or did you include anything else?

usmfan
04-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Yeah you're right. I wasn't thinking of the big bet, only the blind size and that's not even right. The blinds were 10/20. My flawed reasoning still applied at the time. He bet 3BB and I raised to 5BB. Already, I can see that was a mistake. Should've made it like 8-10BB to go. I was thinking like AK, AQ or JJ when he came back over me preflop and trying to protect his hand. I had position and wasn't terribly uncomfortable taking a flop.