PDA

View Full Version : [censored] the [censored] push/fold system.

valenzuela
04-02-2005, 09:11 PM
And whoever invented it, it just doesnt work in the $1.

valenzuela
04-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Pushing loses a lot of value since idiots kill you all the time, for exmaple I have A8 i push and get called by 33...ouch, now the idiot has us on a coin-flip we dont want. Im getting involved way too much on 60-40s since I started using it, the push/ fold systems only works if you have some kinda folding equity IM BACK to the ol days of 3x the BB. You dont need a smaple size of 500 to realize it doesnt work, 100 tourneys is enough to see ure getting screwed in the bubble becuase they call you.

microbet
04-02-2005, 10:04 PM
I don't know about the $1s, but I played a fair amount of free games and sometimes still do. In the free games the strategy, IMO, is to just push (or raise and get the inevitable reraise) or call pushes with made hands. If the preflop is cheap and you expect it to stay that way after you limp, see any flop with any two cards at any time. When you hit 2 pair or trips or TPTK anyone with anything will give you all their chips. If you have a big PP preflop you can do it then too. Don't go allin PF with AK as you will get lots of calls and you can do better than that. If the game is anything like the free game you have absolutely no danger of getting blinded down, so wait until you hit a hand. Never, never, bluff.

valenzuela
04-02-2005, 10:07 PM
I basically agree except on the bluffing and on being loose, bluffing is really important against tight/weak players, u still want a hand thats good since showdowns are more frequent and in SNG the stacks arent deep enough for implied odds.

microbet
04-02-2005, 10:16 PM
The $1 tables could be a lot different than the free tables. If you have weak/tight players then, when the time is right, you should steal.

valenzuela
04-02-2005, 10:37 PM
The main diffference is that in the $1 you dont have ppl who push 94o for fun. Im on a current downswing over there and Im sure its I the calls that are killing me on the bubble, plus Im getting unlucky ITM. I cant deposit now because since Im 16 I have to deposit using western union( on party) or sending a money order to UB , I have 45 bux saved and depositing would be brutal because of the high fees. I have 19 bux as a bankroll so Im basically stucked with the $1s( I hope to score a big prize at the $1000 guaranteed)

apd138
04-02-2005, 10:42 PM
$1 tables where?

David04
04-02-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The main diffference is that in the $1 you dont have ppl who push 94o for fun. Im on a current downswing over there and Im sure its I the calls that are killing me on the bubble, plus Im getting unlucky ITM. I cant deposit now because since Im 16 I have to deposit using western union( on party) or sending a money order to UB , I have 45 bux saved and depositing would be brutal because of the high fees. I have 19 bux as a bankroll so Im basically stucked with the $1s( I hope to score a big prize at the $1000 guaranteed)

[/ QUOTE ]
Play the .01/.02 NL games. They are very, very soft, and a decent player can build $20 into $50 very quickly .

Also, a money order does not have any high fees. I deposited $25 into UB using an international money order(since you have to send it to Canada) and I think the total cost was something like $28. I think it's $2.50 for an international money order.

Another thing:push/fold does not work well at the $1 SNG's. I have had much more success with min-raising. A min-raise will win the blinds 80% of the time if it is 4 handed(assuming you play the 10 person SNG's)

Good luck.

Edit:apd, UB has $1+.10 SNG's, both 10 and 6 people.

SuitedSixes
04-02-2005, 10:50 PM
That's a whole lot of anger for $1.

microbet
04-02-2005, 11:19 PM
A dollar may seem different to a 34 year old American and a 16 year old Chilean.