PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Weinstock is a nit

tek
04-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Deleted my April Fools post about Doyle dying...

Meanwhile, posts that are more offensive are left up in various places here. One can make fun of god, jesus, terry sciavo, etc but not DOYLE? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Lottery Larry
04-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Isn't it Matt Sklansky that moderates, not Chuck?

Vince Lepore
04-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Because ther are other offensive posts here doesn't make yours about Doyle any less offensive.

Vince

David Sklansky
04-03-2005, 06:52 AM
I deleted it. But not because it was offensive. I did it because there was always the possibility that someone who knew him well would read, it and not investigate it further. Or even if they did, their would still be a few sceconds of anguish or concern.

tek
04-03-2005, 09:00 AM
First, thanks for the admition that it was good enough to fool people and essentially was the best April Fool's post at 2+2!

But the same reasoning did not apparently apply to posts about the POPE AND TERRY SCIAVO...

A "few seconds of anguish or concern" about them is "ok" because one is a Catholic and one is a vegetable. No offensive posts about THEM were deleted (including mine /images/graemlins/wink.gif...).

My apology to Chuck Weinstock. He's not a nit (as far as I know). David Sklansky is /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I also apologize for ending the previous sentence with a preposition.

benfranklin
04-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Thanks to David for a little ray of sanity.

[ QUOTE ]
the best April Fool's post

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an oxymoron. Do you see why?

[ QUOTE ]
No offensive posts about THEM were deleted (including mine ...).

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean that they should not have been deleted. "Jokes" about death or "vegetables" are not funny. Deleting offensive posts around here would be a full-time job, so the grown-ups just consider the source.

[ QUOTE ]
I also apologize for ending the previous sentence with a preposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

No apology needed. The previous sentence did not contain a preposition.

BeerMoney
04-03-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One can make fun of god, but not DOYLE? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

On a poker forum, Doyle is God.

maurile
04-04-2005, 11:28 AM
The deleted post deserved to be deleted; and you don't know what a preposition is.

(I am a nit.)

jojobinks
04-04-2005, 01:25 PM
tek still doesn't get it. all that being a douchebag has impaired his judgement.

teacher: tek, please stop talking
tek: you didn't tell jojo to stop talking. why're you always picking on me? waaaaaah <falls on floor crying>
teacher: sigh.

tek
04-04-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...you don't know what a preposition is.

(I am a nit.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess not, and that is unfortunate because I was trying to make a joke about me being a nit on myself... oh well.

tek
04-04-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tek still doesn't get it. all that being a douchebag has impaired his judgement.

teacher: tek, please stop talking
tek: you didn't tell jojo to stop talking. why're you always picking on me? waaaaaah <falls on floor crying>
teacher: sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guilty /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Funny one jojo-with-the-gay-avatar...