PDA

View Full Version : Bully Maniac

just2pimp
04-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Anyone have a maniac that only plays super maniacle against you?

I got this guy at my table that is obviously a maniac PFR about 25% and VPIP 97% over 300

what ive noticed is that he will limp and someone can raise he will call. but about 5 times he limps i raise and he will go ultra maniac raising all the way if im betting, but if another person bets he totally puts on the e-brake and folds a good 75% to this other person.

maybe its all strange coincedence and im definetly not complaining but anyone get anything strange like this like someone has a vendeta (SPELLING, DEFINITION that word sounded right but i neither know how to spell or define it) against you

kapw7
04-02-2005, 07:38 PM
I hope you emptied his pockets. Otherwise, do you think that he got advantage of some weakness of you (maybe being passive at HU play). You would like to consider this possibility unless of course you blew him out.

bottomset
04-02-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm sorry

just2pimp
04-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Yeah im not sure if he got that impression or what. I did ok against him but not enough to make me happy. he did however have to reload several times during the session

Nfinity
04-02-2005, 09:37 PM
ven·det·ta n.:A bitter, destructive feud

Word was right, just dropped a T.(note: not trying to sound like a smartass /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Did you have a larger amount of money than most players at the table? Had you gone on a rush, winning a lot of hands recently, especially w/o a showdown? I've witnessed these maniacs who decide they are going to keep the more successful players in line. I usually stay aggressive enough to get it HU with them, then Check:Call with anything that has a possible chance of winning a showdown. Expect a lot of jeering and vulgar comments whether you beat him in a pot or not, but eventually you'll break him and he will cease to be a problem, or come back for more. Either way works. Just be sure to pay attention if he starts to Recognize the Skillz and slows down on ya'.

thesharpie
04-02-2005, 10:06 PM
I had one that was pretty loose passive mostly but liked to try to push me out of the hand when I was aggressive after raising preflop if it looked liked the flop missed overcards.

Everyone else he respected. /images/graemlins/confused.gif