PDA

View Full Version : QJs last two tables of a $540 satellite for the Reno Hilton 5K

bobby rooney
04-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Just want a little feedback on how I played this hand. We just redrew for seats down to the last two tables. Unfortunately, I ended up in the big blind. blinds are 300-600 with a 75 ante and I only have about 2K if that. They are giving away 11 seats and there are still 20 people left. I am among the shortest stacks due to losing a couple of coinflips. It's folded around to an older somewhat passive gentleman in late position who just limps, a questionable play at this point in the tourney. I've seen him just limp several times and then have to fold to a preflop raise, so it doesn't look like he's learned his lesson yet. Kathy Liebert is on the button with a good sized stack and goes allin, she has both of us covered. Also, should mention that the SB has a large stack, but has not returned from the bathroom as of yet, so there is additional dead money in the pot, which I'm sure Kathy considered in her decision to go allin.

Should I have called here with QJs?

Results in white:

<font color="white"> I called due to the great pot odds I was getting and due to the shortness of my stack, and my read that Kathy wouldn't need much hand in such a favorable steal situation. She had A6c and neither of us caught anything over five cards so her A-high won. I reasoned that if I could win this one pot where I was likely only a small dog then I would have a great shot at the seat. I thought her most likely holdings were a small pair or weak A, both of which I'm getting a great price on.

bobby rooney
04-02-2005, 06:34 PM
I should probably mention that the limper has me covered, but only has about 3K, so not enough to really hurt Ms. Liebert.