PDA

View Full Version : I'm a laggy idiot who made a few buddy lists (but played the river ok)

BigBaitsim (milo)
04-02-2005, 05:22 PM
My very first BB at a 10/20. I've got a total of 200 hands at 10/20 and I've readied myself to play against the Party uber-aggressives.

Milo gets J /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and all fold to the SB, who raises. Milo calls.

Flop is A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB bets. Milo raises. SB calls.

Turn is the 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB checks, Milo bets, SB calls (okay, he's not buying it, I lose).

River is the lovely T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB checks, Milo bets, SB calls, SB berates Milo.

How bad do I suck?

STLantny
04-02-2005, 05:45 PM
I usually check through on turn, and fold river, er unless I hit, then i raise? Is that bad? you just dont have a hand and I doubt hes folding turn, and Id hate to get c/r.

J.R.
04-02-2005, 06:17 PM
what does the 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif change? this isn't a spot where your opponent will fold anything marginal, so given the flop call and the turn brick, your folding equity is low

you also run the risk of a check-raise, which your really can't call (or like calling given the pot size), and have maybe 3 J outs and a gutshot that you wouldn't mind seeing the river for free with...easy turn check