PDA

View Full Version : St. Malachay's papal prophecies

STLantny
04-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Im interested in this stuff, and appearently St. Malachy's work is freaky dead on. But it could be "selective memory" or looking for something wehre there is nothing.

http://www.truecatholic.org/pope/stmalachyprophecy.htm

there are many interpretations of the names, the next pope, the glory fo the olive, can refer to many things, such as peace, being Benedictine (Olivates) etc. All in all farily interesting.

Brainwalter
04-06-2005, 01:35 AM
Are you concerned that only 2 popes remain in his prediction? If you believe this.. you know what happens when we run out of popes.

[censored]
04-06-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you concerned that only 2 popes remain in his prediction? If you believe this.. you know what happens when we run out of popes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens? End of times?

Brainwalter
04-06-2005, 01:42 AM
That's what the Catholics, and this guy (Malachy) in particular, say.

He doesn't specifically say the 2 remaining popes are the last 2. He only names 2 more though, and one is definitely the last one. Apparently there "may" be more popes in between these two. (the Catholic church doesn't like the prophecy to predict an imminent apocalypse)

tek
04-06-2005, 10:13 AM
This quote from your link

“De Gloria Olivae” (From the Glory of the Olive). Conversion of the Jews?

reminds me of a good joke.

Ben and Saul were taking their afternoon walk when they came upon a church. The marquee read "Convert today and receive $50".

Ben said "I'm going to do it!"

Saul just waited outside. An hour later Ben came out. Saul asked "Did you really convert?"

"Yes I did" replied Ben.

"Did you get the $50?" asked Saul.

"Is that all you Jews think about?"

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
04-06-2005, 10:18 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050223/capt.nyet25602231617.manure_pile_nyet256.jpg

PoBoy321
04-06-2005, 10:40 AM
I thought that the apocolypse came when a Pope took the name Peter II, but maybe that's just a different tradition.