PDA

View Full Version : # of Players On Party

waffle
04-02-2005, 05:03 PM
I've started tracking the number of players on Party. My goal is to eventually collect long term results, but, I just started /images/graemlins/smile.gif. If you want to see graphs of the trends in the last 24h and 7d, just visit my web page. (http://matt.mondrary.com/poker/stats/) Note that the # of players that the actual Party client reports includes play money players and tables, so it is inaccurate.

Cubswin
04-02-2005, 05:05 PM
or you could jsut go here

http://www.pokerpulse.com/pr/party.htm

waffle
04-02-2005, 05:07 PM
These graphs display similar, but different information.

WSOPWinner2005
04-02-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or you could jsut go here

http://www.pokerpulse.com/pr/party.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Cubs, there isn't any advertising on the page.. I see no problems with the post - Never hurts to have multiple sites giving us information to see if there are statistical differences...

GrannyMae
04-02-2005, 05:26 PM
you have restored my faith in humanity.

http://matt.mondrary.com/poker/stats/

thanks mat. how refreshing to see a site set up simply to chart this info. i must tell you that i expected a banner farm.

i'm very proud of you, and even a bit moist.

busy tonight? got condoms?

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/hug_tweetz.gif

GrannyMae
04-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Cubs, there isn't any advertising on the page..

cubswin did not even suggest that. he was saying duplicate info, not that the site was spam.

where you been wsop2005? got your seat locked up or will you be needing a name change?

Cubswin
04-02-2005, 05:36 PM
I have no problem with the link or post at all... the charts look very nice. Just looks like the OP put lots of time and effort into his charts and i just didnt want him spending hours upon hours creating these charts when the info is already out there. His charts are definitely nicer then pulses but im not really convinced that either his charts or pulses have all that much utility.

cubs

SinSixer
04-02-2005, 07:01 PM
This comparison between players on Party and readers on 2+2 is quite similar to a post I made in another thread Friday morning... coincidently the same date your data starts.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2053608&page=1&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1

SuitedSixes
04-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Nice page, Waffle. Very useful. I'll spread the word.

waffle
04-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Yeah, your post inspired me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

waffle
04-02-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

thanks mat.i must tell you that i expected a banner farm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got better ways to earn money. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

i'm very proud of you, and even a bit moist.

busy tonight? got condoms?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry... you'll have to get in line.

SinSixer
04-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Thats cool. Your graphs show the stats hourly, but they rise and falls between 6 hour intervals very uniformly, so that suggests to me that data is just interpolated.

How are you collecting the stats? I doubt that you are manually recording this data on every hour, have you developed some software that will retrieve these numbers automatically for you?

waffle
04-02-2005, 07:44 PM
I automatically take a sample every hour, add it to the end of graphs, and draw the new graphs.. that's it. No interpolation. When I get more data, I'll start doing daily averages and the like.

WSOPWinner2005
04-02-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cubs, there isn't any advertising on the page..

cubswin did not even suggest that. he was saying duplicate info, not that the site was spam.

where you been wsop2005? got your seat locked up or will you be needing a name change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably going to be needing a name change /images/graemlins/smile.gif Might play some satellites at Stars but I'm not 100 % sure yet... I have a job now that requires alot of time every day, so 70 hour work weeks dig into my time quite a bit. Other than that spending most of my time on the PLO section.

Sorry Cubs, I'm losing my Zoo mentality from lack of posting here /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I just assumed you were calling it spam as most people usually do here - Should of know better it coming from you and all.

NoTalent
04-03-2005, 01:35 PM
it's TX not TZ lol

lorinda
04-03-2005, 01:41 PM
I like this stuff.

Could you add a daily average tracker so that in a years time there will be no arguments about whether things are getting busier etc?

Lori

Crix
04-03-2005, 03:35 PM
It would be interesting to see the variance between just before a rebuy bonus starts and just after its expiration. Namely, does PP keep a higher number of customers after a rebuy than before?

Jay Dummeldinger
04-03-2005, 03:41 PM
YOU need to get out of the house

PaultheS
04-03-2005, 03:51 PM
good job. i think it'd be great if you get an archive (once there's enough data to archive) where we can pick and choose what we want to see. if you do that though, i wouldn't mind you having some banners to make it worth your while.

GrannyMae
04-03-2005, 04:03 PM
i wouldn't mind you having some banners to make it worth your while.

most would not mind either.

but then, unfortunately, he no longer gets total freedom. the day there is any commercialization (sp?) injected to his site is the day he has to buy ad space. then he still can't make posts about it, just answer questions if they are asked. the way it is designed now, he could make a daily post discussing trends, updates etc. this freedom vanishes with banner placement.

i for one hope he does not go that route and continues to do it for the interest it creates for him and us posters. i have a feeling he will not "sell out" by placing affiliate banners on the page.

Bv3
04-03-2005, 05:17 PM
This is good stuff. It should be very interesting once you have more data.

Equal
04-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Good work waffle. Keep it up!

Jim Easton
04-03-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's TX not TZ lol

[/ QUOTE ]

The abreviation for time zone is TX? Wow, learn something new every day.

MarkL444
04-03-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
YOU need to get out of the house

[/ QUOTE ]

shut the hell up these are cool. nice work

waffle
04-04-2005, 07:34 AM
I added some 24 hour average graphs. I suspect we may need to eventually have weekly average graphs to track long term trends (given the weekends effect).

TylerD
04-04-2005, 08:03 AM
How are you sampling the data?

vn btw.

Derek in NYC
04-04-2005, 09:45 AM
This is interesting data. Better than pokerpulse.com once you get a robust dataset. Is it possible to cut your data by ring limit level?