PDA

View Full Version : How horrible is this?

Huhmare
04-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Absolute Poker 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

This is my first time playing 10/20 and it propably will remain my last time for a while. Is this a fold preflop? I put villain to any PP or big broadways and of course there is always a slight chance for a total bluff.. All I got on the flop was backdoor str8 draw and I just went crazy with this hand.. I caught a gutshot on the turn and tried to push villain off, but he wouldn't go away.. On the river I know that I have to bet in order to take the pot, so that is propably ok. I think I should have folded this one on the flop.

DcifrThs
04-02-2005, 01:13 PM
yea you should probably step down.

stealing on the turn and river begins preflop.

3 bet preflop and take it from there. JT is great WITH POSITION against a 4 handed sb raiser.

-Barron

JAA
04-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Huhmare...

If you put the villain on pocket pairs or big broadway cards, why would you call? I would argue that he is raising with a WAY larger group of hands, but you were the one playing with him so I can't argue.

In most cases, I would be folding the flop here. There are a lot of ways this flop could have hit your opponent, even if he was raising light preflop. If he wasn't, then he has a real hand and you are almost hopeless.

Raising the turn with your gutshot here is cute, but I would like to have more outs to semibluff in this spot, something like a flush draw+gutshot or at least gutshot+2 overcards. You are going to have to make moves like this playing 4-handed, but I don't think that this is the spot (read: small pot, not enough outs).

Yes, you have to bet the river...NH

- Jags

DcifrThs
04-02-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Huhmare...

If you put the villain on pocket pairs or big broadway cards, why would you call? I would argue that he is raising with a WAY larger group of hands, but you were the one playing with him so I can't argue.

In most cases, I would be folding the flop here. There are a lot of ways this flop could have hit your opponent, even if he was raising light preflop. If he wasn't, then he has a real hand and you are almost hopeless.

Raising the turn with your gutshot here is cute, but I would like to have more outs to semibluff in this spot, something like a flush draw+gutshot or at least gutshot+2 overcards. You are going to have to make moves like this playing 4-handed, but I don't think that this is the spot (read: small pot, not enough outs).

Yes, you have to bet the river...NH

- Jags

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i forgot to add that in my post...he's not just raising broadway cards &amp; pairs...he's raising ALOOOOOOOOT of hands, many of which would fear a 3 bet and some of which JT is better than.

given your nutty read of broadway cards and pairs though. fold theflop.

-Barron

Huhmare
04-02-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
given your nutty read of broadway cards and pairs though. fold theflop.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the first time in something like 8 orbits he made a move in SB, so I have no reason to believe he will raise that wide range of hands. Tho most of the time it was 6 handed. Luckily he didn't have a hand this time.. 3/6 seems to much closer to my abilities /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

JAA
04-02-2005, 01:29 PM
If you want to work on your short-handed skills, by all means do so and don't talk yourself out of it. Short-handed games can be very very profitable. However, if you typically play 3-6 full tables, 10-20 shorthanded is not the place to start. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Jags

Huhmare
04-02-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to work on your short-handed skills, by all means do so and don't talk yourself out of it. Short-handed games can be very very profitable. However, if you typically play 3-6 full tables, 10-20 shorthanded is not the place to start. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Jags

[/ QUOTE ]

My 50k-60k holdem hands are 90% short handed play.. although most of it has been in 1/2.. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I've started playing 2/4 and 3/6 lately and I feel very confident with these levels.. I've tried some 5/10 and today I played about 60 hands 10/20 just to taste the level of play.