PDA

View Full Version : 2001 WSOP

10-21-2002, 11:26 AM
I was watching it last night on the travel channel and wondering why they always went all in before the flop. Why not wait and see if you hit the flop before going all in with a pair of Js? They never seemed to wait. And has anyone ever seen anyone more annoying/whiney than Phil Hellmuth?

Lurker
10-21-2002, 01:21 PM
My answer to your second question is a resounding no! And as for the first, you might get a better explanation in the tourney forum. This forum is filled with degenerate gamblers who play big bet ring games, which require a different strategy to no-limit tourneys...

"I was watching it last night on the travel channel and wondering why they always went all in before the flop. Why not wait and see if you hit the flop before going all in with a pair of Js? They never seemed to wait. And has anyone ever seen anyone more annoying/whiney than Phil Hellmuth?"

D.J.
10-21-2002, 01:39 PM
I don't think anyone I have yet to meet gets on my nerves more than Phil Hellmuth, he whines and cries in so many of his articles, like he is so damn good that he's not supposed to lose or something, like he is the poker god himself. Sorry, just had to get that out didn't know that anyone noticed it besides me.

-D.J.

10-21-2002, 03:25 PM
He was so unlikeable. The narrator of the action would sat "There is plenty of trash talking" and everytime it would show Phil crying about losing a hand or saying" NOw I'm gonna get you" and he kept losing. The other players were all making fun of him. I loved it. I hate people at my table like him. He lost with KK to AA and was complaining???? He sucks.

10-21-2002, 05:00 PM
Yeah he does have a tendency to moan when he loses. It was a few years back where he lost to QJ. I remember him whining something like: "Yeah, I lost to Queen Jack". He just couldnt seem to stop moaning about it.

Boo-hoo

AlanBostick
10-21-2002, 11:02 PM
And has anyone ever seen anyone more annoying/whiney than Phil Hellmuth?

You've never played with me, I take it. I am more annoying/whiney than Phil Hellmuth.