PDA

View Full Version : Absolute poker

Maurader1
04-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Does the style of play have to change if I am playing somewhere like Absolte 1/2, where it feels like the vast majority of players are bonus whores? with only 30% players in the flop avg, it seems like a tight game, but is it really?

toss
04-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Yes it is tight. But still a little loose. And weak most of the times.

Bradyams
04-02-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm currently clearing a bonus there at the .50/1, and it is obvious that during the days it's full of bonus whores. The days are pretty much the best time for me to play so it kind of sucks.

At night there are usually a few tables where the Avg Players per Flop goes up to about 40%. I haven't played the 1/2, but I have kept an eye on those stats, and they don't seem to differ much from the .50/1 stats.

It may be just me, but it seems like every player on there takes an eternity to make a decision. This makes clearing a bonus very frustrating. Last night I was 3-tabling (the max allowed), and I think I sat there for almost an hour, and all I got was 8 points (You get a point for each hand you are dealt cards, and the rake is over $0.25. It takes 100 points to clear $10).

ktg2469
04-02-2005, 12:45 PM
I've found that the full tables seem to be particularly tight, but the short tables usually offer some good action later at night. You can usually find two or more bad players at these tables.

atnels
04-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I agree it seems like there is A LOT of bonus clearing going on, especially at .5/1 where I play. The general atmosphere is weak/tight. I think there are clearly less loose/passive players than party.

I've been playing a fair amount there the last few weeks (and seeing a lot of Bradyams). I think the game style dictates shifting your priorities a little to take advantage of the overall tightness. Avoid limping with speculative hands in late position when there is only one other limper. Instead, crank up the agressiveness with pocket pairs and broadway cards to nab the blinds.

After 3000 hands, I am sitting at +1.02 BB/100 not including the bonuses. Blah. Since the software is so annoying and the tables not too appealing, I am heading back to Party ASAP.

And I HATE not being able to see what the mucked losing hands were in the hand histories.

kapw7
04-02-2005, 01:39 PM
I just avoid Absolute. I was very lucky to cash out the whole $350 sign up bonus. The only way is 1-2 6 max. But it's too tight (but very weak)- I hate the graphics, players take for ever to play. It is hell.

Bradyams
04-02-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree it seems like there is A LOT of bonus clearing going on, especially at .5/1 where I play. The general atmosphere is weak/tight. I think there are clearly less loose/passive players than party.

I've been playing a fair amount there the last few weeks (and seeing a lot of Bradyams). I think the game style dictates shifting your priorities a little to take advantage of the overall tightness. Avoid limping with speculative hands in late position when there is only one other limper. Instead, crank up the agressiveness with pocket pairs and broadway cards to nab the blinds.

After 3000 hands, I am sitting at +1.02 BB/100 not including the bonuses. Blah. Since the software is so annoying and the tables not too appealing, I am heading back to Party ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got done clearing my bonus! Woohoo! I immediately withdrew my funds.

I agree though, the games are so tight that it's very easy to steal blinds. Open-raising in LP is pretty much a must with any decent hand.

It's not even uncommon to raise UTG and have everyone fold.

I'm just really glad to get out of there. So frustrating!