PDA

View Full Version : improving my game with pokertracker

DocOfDan
04-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi

I just recently downloaded pokertracker (After meaning to do so for quite a while) and I have to say that when combined with gametime+ it really is a nice combination. I feel I am making much more informed decisions about entering a hand with marginal hole cards, or bullying people out of a pot.

I'd like to take my game on a little and was hoping to use the pokertracker database to do so.
As such I'd be grateful for any advice on what I should look at in terms of stats.

I read one or two articles which talked about VPIP, BB/100, PFR and WSD

My figures for these are (about 7,000 hands):

VPIP 28.8%
BB/100 3.12
WSD 52%
PFR 7.1%

The last 3 seem fine (according to what I have read), but am I playing too many hands? I'd like to think that the balance of the figures means I am successfully entering with marginal hands and playing them ok. Am I deluding myself?

Are there other stats I should be considering?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Aaron W.
04-02-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My figures for these are (about 7,000 hands):

VPIP 28.8%
BB/100 3.12
WSD 52%
PFR 7.1%

The last 3 seem fine (according to what I have read), but am I playing too many hands? I'd like to think that the balance of the figures means I am successfully entering with marginal hands and playing them ok. Am I deluding myself?

Are there other stats I should be considering?

[/ QUOTE ]

The FAQ has a decent amount of information on this. You're probably a pretty good player, but you're leaking preflop. Perhaps about 1/4 of the hands you play are on the bad side of "marginal" and you need to figure out which ones they are. You *won't* be able to find it by looking at your biggest losers (sample size), so you're going to have to look at hands and sort them out. It's probably things like Axo and unsuited connectors/1-gaps.

Postflop aggression numbers are also good to look at, but again, it's in the FAQ. And search around for 10k hand check-up posts. They also have lots of good information.

DocOfDan
04-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks Aaron

I did do a quick look around before posting, but somehow missed the FAQ!
Thanks for the advice. I doubt it is Axo, as I think I am disciplined there, but you may well be right about the connectors

bottomset
04-02-2005, 09:26 PM
I like to be up around 22-23VPIP, 11-13PFR at .5/1 but its more about situations than raw numbers