PDA

View Full Version : QJo against unknown, standard?

reb
04-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Quite new to the table, no specific reads on any players yet, semi-loose and quite passive table. Standard line?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Anyone dislike this bet here? Figured I have some fold equity here as i've seen these guys fold alot in these situations.

Turn: (2.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Stop and go seems suspicious so i go to calldown mode, I figured he's on a draw and would have bet out the king on the flop anyway, as the majority are pretty straightforward players here.

River: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Standard?

J.R.
04-02-2005, 02:36 PM
I'd raise the turn because of the 3-flush and the pot size ebing such you can fold to a 3-bet in this passive game, being more inclined to call and hope he bluffs on a less drawy board. (you aren't scared or the gutter as much cause you have 1 of the jacks and the T completes you)