PDA

View Full Version : theoretical power(value) of strip clubs...

scalf
10-21-2002, 07:26 AM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif i remember reading an article in playboy a few years ago about the real reasons men went to strip clubs. the underlying consesus, besides men being very visually oriented, variety, cold beer, etc. was the factthat money gave them the power to view the woman...that in life the woman decides who views her, and she teases at varying amounts...in a strip club, as in most of usa, you pay your cash and get your value...lol..at cheetah club in atlanta, morethan lap dances available...lol..gl /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

M2d
10-21-2002, 01:53 PM
Some friends of mine made it a habit to patronize a few of the local strip clubs on Fall Monday nights.
There, you got a million TVs showing the game, free food (good food, too. not just peanuts, etc). happy hour priced drinks, and nekkid ladies dancing in front of you.
Once, my friend tipped a dancer twenty bucks to dance on the other side of the stage. She was in his direct line of sight of the nearest TV, and it was a good game.

10-21-2002, 03:45 PM
scalf,

In life, I think, the gaze is structured for the male and by the male. An interesting theoretical debate, for me anyways, in film studies concerns the ways in which the gaze is structured by conventions and the basic apparatus of the cinema. Especially interesting, too, are the various responses to this early (1970's) feminist notion. I have heard the argument, though, that money changes the nature of who's in control, but I don't buy that argument, even though this view has been advanced by many feminists in regards to strip clubs.

John