PDA

View Full Version : 40x overbet pre-flop

ArtVandelay
04-02-2005, 05:04 AM
full-table 1/2 NLH... 4 limpers to hero who also limpers in the cutoff; then the button acts

this is literally button's first hand at the table and he tosses in the rack of red he just bought in for (500), folded to hero who also has 500; obviously you call with aces, but what else would you call with here? (this is actually based on a real hand, results later)

ArtVandelay
04-02-2005, 03:30 PM
in the real hand hero was a friend of mine and he folded QQ; villain then showed JJ

mishafp
04-02-2005, 03:37 PM
nice bet- you never wanna see a flop with JJ /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ace_in_the_hole
04-02-2005, 03:39 PM
I think that in these spots villian usually has TT-QQ, AK, and maybe rarely KK. Really no need to gamble lots of chips on a coinflip or worse, so only call with AA-KK

MikeL
04-02-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you never wanna see a flop with JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be a line in a movie! It is so true it hurts.
J is for Junk.
J is for Joker.
J is for Jinxed (or in this case, Double Jinxed).

Now, I understand, this is a bit over the top. But JJ
does look much better than it really is!

Regards,
Mike L.

lehighguy
04-02-2005, 07:41 PM
This sounds like a live game. If it's live there are some tells that would lead me to call with QQ. Even in the five seconds it took him to sit down.

Is he with anyone? Has he said anything? Does he have any booze in his hand? How does he handle his chips? Does he know any dealers?

beset7
04-02-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
full-table 1/2 NLH... 4 limpers to hero who also limpers in the cutoff; then the button acts

this is literally button's first hand at the table and he tosses in the rack of red he just bought in for (500), folded to hero who also has 500; obviously you call with aces, but what else would you call with here? (this is actually based on a real hand, results later)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call with 98s and up just for fun and metagame reasons.

bobman0330
04-03-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that in these spots villian usually has TT-QQ, AK, and maybe rarely KK. Really no need to gamble lots of chips on a coinflip or worse, so only call with AA-KK

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is your read on his range of hands, QQ is a must-call