PDA

View Full Version : What's going on at Party Poker ?

theredpill5
04-02-2005, 04:41 AM
I just got done playing a $10 SNG over there and there were 5 people left with blinds at 200/400 at level 7. WTF. Did they all read Sklansky or something ? I got sucked out on hard 2 or 3 times and I was booted in 6th place. I caught those fuckers with my chips all-in 2 or 3 times and had them dominated like 80/20 and lost each time. Bullshit.

KJ lost to QJ all-in preflop.

Had AQ
flop: QXX
I check
moron moves all-in with AK
I call and he hits a king on the turn.

bullshit

Some moron calls a raise with A9 and hits two pair against my AJ.

deathpotato
04-02-2005, 04:42 AM
PP IS RIGGED hlep me

DasLeben
04-02-2005, 04:44 AM
About the tightness: I've noticed the same. With Party's fast blind structure, this is ALL kinds of bad. I wasn't doing so hot in their SNGs before heading over to UB. Now I'm much more able to open up my game without feeling claustrophobic from the blinds.

theredpill5
04-02-2005, 04:50 AM
I've now lost about 4 or 5 in a row. I think I'm moving down to the $5 ones. Geez, I didn't realize so many players quit their job to do this full time. It's pretty freaking obvious that many have. I was on there a few months ago and a few of them admitted in a SNG to quitting their jobs to play poker.

theredpill5
04-02-2005, 04:53 AM
it's probably a bad idea to play SNG's on friday or poker on friday at all. The only ones playing are the ones who know a little something about poker.

Apathy
04-02-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there were 5 people left with blinds at 200/400 at level 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was booted in 6th place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Real smart...

[ QUOTE ]
bullshit

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm up 2k today, try the 109s there much easier /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SuitedSixes
04-02-2005, 04:58 AM
All the fish are playing the WSOP satellites.

Apathy
04-02-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting theory... I never even considered that... whats the highest limit WSOP sat they run? Do they gove you cash instead of seat to higher buyin tourney if you want?

Ogre
04-02-2005, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm up 2k today, try the 109s there much easier /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhhhhhhhh

SuitedSixes
04-02-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting theory... I never even considered that... whats the highest limit WSOP sat they run? Do they gove you cash instead of seat to higher buyin tourney if you want?

[/ QUOTE ]

9+1 to 36+3 (I think?), Top 2 advance to the next level or to the daily multi-table. The only cash, if you 3rd place in the SNGs.

theredpill5
04-02-2005, 05:15 AM
Hope you realize Apathy that the 2K you made today isn't all yours if you plan on playing tomorrow. You had a good run, congratulations. Suck me. What was the "real smart" comment about ? I lost because my KJ got sucked out on by QJ . So what.

Bluff Daddy
04-02-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's probably a bad idea to play SNG's on friday or poker on friday at all. The only ones playing are the ones who know a little something about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sarcasm right?

Jman28
04-02-2005, 05:34 AM
Take this as constructive criticism:

You are dumb.

-Jman28

gh9801
04-02-2005, 05:40 AM
You lost while dominating someone? That's never happened to me. I always win when I have the best hand, why don't you? Flop something better next time

Chaos81
04-02-2005, 05:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You lost while dominating someone? That's never happened to me. I always win when I have the best hand, why don't you? Flop something better next time

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO

To the OP, chill man, it happens. If you haven't realized that yet, maybe you should take a break until you do.

squire
04-02-2005, 06:49 AM
be happy by the fact that you had the best hand and lost.
random cards means it happens, dont focus on it.
as for the $10+1s i agree, they have tightened up considerably just a couple of months ago by level 4 there were rarely more than 5 left.
may the poker gods be with you.

-squire

Bluff Daddy
04-02-2005, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
be happy by the fact that you had the best hand and lost.
random cards means it happens, dont focus on it.
as for the $10+1s i agree, they have tightened up considerably just a couple of months ago by level 4 there were rarely more than 5 left.
may the poker gods be with you.

-squire

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly do u think within just a couple of months the hundreds of thousands of players on party and skins magically learned how to play sng's? granted some of them did but if it were so easy to beat the 10's months ago tons of players would be in the 20-50's not still bitching about how tight the 10's have become

Patriarch
04-02-2005, 07:59 AM
It can't have been that bad, I played for about six hours last night and made $200 on the $11s.

raptor517
04-02-2005, 08:28 AM
this whole thread is a joke right? i mean cmon.. 3uo

theredpill5
04-02-2005, 08:55 AM
no, it really pissed me off. Jman, why do you think I'm dumb ? If I am dumb, how do I reverse it ? I think Friday nights are tighter than most. What's wrong with that ? Also, I make dumb post. How do I not make dumb post in future ?

1C5
04-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Fri, Sat, Sun is the best time to play ,not the worst.

As for the 10s getting tougher, sometimes I see 6-7 players in level 5 and sometimes I see 3 players in level 3. Tougher, probably, but still pretty shitty play mostly.

raptor517
04-02-2005, 08:58 AM
christ.. ok, ill help ya out. the games on the weekend have MORE players online. the majority of players on the internet are LOSING players, so MORE players can only mean MORE fish, which means BETTER games, and MORE money for you with WORSE play from them.

i dont think you are dumb. i have never met you. however, i usually presume lack of intelligence until proven otherwise. to not make a dumb post in the future (not saying this post is dumb) dont post dumb things? liiiike, games are tougher on weekends? yikes. hmm. well, i think, that you are wrong. games are better on the weekends. but i still dont think you are dumb. 3uo

Jimbobobb
04-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Realize that you want these people making these calls. They are good for you. You win them the majority of the time in the long run. Grats Sklansky Dollars. Happy times and hugs all around!

Also if the people are stupidly tight, take advantage - turn on your nottom and steal like a mofo.

The basic problem with your post is that you've posted you're angry about these people who are a big help to the reason many on these boards win. Don't hate them, love them. They pay my rent.

Blarg
04-02-2005, 10:15 AM
If the percentage of non-fish goes up, the percentage of fish will likely go down sooner or later. Who knows how long it will take.

When or if that happens, that doesn't qualify the non-fishes to move up. They're still fishes to the next level of talent.

SuitedSixes
04-02-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

As for the 10s getting tougher, sometimes I see 6-7 players in level 5 and sometimes I see 3 players in level 3. Tougher, probably, but still pretty shitty play mostly.

[/ QUOTE ]

SuitedSixes
04-02-2005, 11:47 AM

As for the 20s getting tougher, sometimes I see 6-7 players in level 5 and sometimes I see 3 players in level 3. Tougher, probably, but still pretty shitty play mostly.

Voltron87
04-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Everyone says "Oh there's x players by y level, must be a hard day", but I don't find this to be a very accurate indicator of profitability. A lot of those tighter players are tighter early, which is good, but they are tighter late and shorthanded and just get chiseled down.

SuitedSixes
04-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Good point.

Also, when you multitable you quickly see just how inconsistent play is from table to table. I start all four at the same time, and I had one tournament completed last night, and had one still in level 3 and the other 2 in level 5.

pokerlaw
04-02-2005, 01:35 PM
At any time, unclick the "Hide full tables" button, then sort the tables by level for any buyin (or all buyins). Looking at this, you can see the avg number of players left on any given level - there are tight tables (i.e. lots of plauers left on level 5) and vice versa, but the average is usually the same at any given time period. As was said earlier, on the weekends, more players means more fish. I find this to be undoubtedly true. However, you can still end up in the "outsider" tables that have a lot left later on. What to do? Play loose on the tight table and vice versa.

kyro
04-03-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sarcasm right?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm convinced redpill is actually this much of a moron. i don't think he would even comprehend sarcasm when it was said to him, much less create it. he is really really really dumb.

theredpill5
04-03-2005, 10:18 AM
I'm really really really dumb, huh. And who are you ? You obviously aren't making any money if you came on here to tell me how dumb I am. At least, I don't lose like $500 in a night and then come on here and say that I won $1000 like you do. You freaking liar. I commented how tough the $10's seem to be. Now go play some and lose some money, idiot.

kyro
04-03-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm really really really dumb, huh. And who are you ? You obviously aren't making any money if you came on here to tell me how dumb I am. At least, I don't lose like $500 in a night and then come on here and say that I won $1000 like you do. You freaking liar. I commented how tough the $10's seem to be. Now go play some and lose some money, idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

mother of god. i was hoping for a really good reply that would just put me in my place. honestly, couldn't you at least pay someone to come up with better insults so you wouldn't look like such a fucktard all the time? Oh wait, you can't get a writer for yourself because you're spending all your money at the 11s. My bad.

Here's the deal. Since you've come on here, you've been banned 3 times for acting like a 14 year old who just discovered the meaning of the words "[censored]" and "[censored]". It seems that you're making an honest attempt to turn things around, I'm assuming because you're tired of having to remember 5 different passwords. (You know, you could just use the same password for each new handle.)

So what the eff is the deal with these posts. I want you to tell me if anything seems retarded about this post.

"The Party $11s are way too tough. Just last night I got it all in as a favorite and was sucked out on. When did these guys get so good?"

Do us, and yourself a favor. Stop posting. Completely. Go play the Texas Hold 'Em on Yahoo! I'm sure you could beat those guys and take all their fake money! If you DO feel the dire need to post. Make it constructive. Enough with this "OMG, these guys are so lucky!" bullshit. I've had enough with it, and I can guarantee you everyone else has too.

And if you want, I'll start PMing you the times I drop $500 a night. I'm expecting a nice downswing any day now...

SNOWBALL138
04-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Have you noticed though that there are a lot of players left at level 4, 5, and 6 though?

kyro
04-03-2005, 11:38 PM
i was HU at the 100/200 level today. this is at a $55. so maybe all the bad players are moving to the $55s. I doubt it though. I think redpill is just looking for something to blame his losing on.