PDA

View Full Version : Time for another poker movie

r3vbr
04-02-2005, 03:24 AM
Its been 7 years since Rounders, and decades after Cincinatti kid. With the poker craze going on, millions of players playing online and watching tournaments on TV.

I bet if Rounders 2 or something similar came out at the theaters, it would be a smash hit.. why not email the studios to help it happen sooner.. dont you agree? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Alex/Mugaaz
04-02-2005, 03:55 AM
While Rounds left itself open for a sequel....Just the thought of the phrase "Rounders 2" makes my cringe.

Guthrie
04-02-2005, 03:56 AM
There are several in various stages of development, but if all you high rollers can cough up a few million I'd be happy to make one just for you.

r3vbr
04-02-2005, 05:01 AM
I would gladly stake you with venture capital to make this movie if you presented me a nice script/cast/etc.

It's a sure thing..
:P

yeau2
04-02-2005, 05:01 AM
Check out "Stuey" or "High Roller" on imdb.com -- it is the life story of Stu Unger is quite good, I've heard, but haven't seen it yet. Again, it combines aspects of poker, gin, and life together.

mantasm
04-02-2005, 05:05 AM
ROUNDERS 2: THE ROUNDENING

archmagi
04-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Last month's Vanity Fair was reporting several poker movies and several TV series were being planned right now.
Apparantly poker is the new in thing at hollywood.

Guthrie
04-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Money comes first. As a member of the Writers Guild, I expect to be paid to write a script for someone else's idea.

Actually, money is all that matters. If you have the money, you can buy, hire, or rent everything else required to make a movie, including any cast you want. Like I said, if you have the money, I can deliver the movie. PM me if you're serious.

teajay
04-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Let's all blame James Wood for that, haha!

Cheers,
Travis

mrbaseball
04-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Poker just doesn't translate well to the screen. Rounders was truly a horrible movie and despite the ultimate coolness of Steve McQueen the Cincy Kid was laughably bad.

Then theres Tilt. Poker just doesn't translate well to the screen even though actual tournaments with table top lipstick cameras can.

Justin A
04-02-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poker just doesn't translate well to the screen. Rounders was truly a horrible movie and despite the ultimate coolness of Steve McQueen the Cincy Kid was laughably bad.

Then theres Tilt. Poker just doesn't translate well to the screen even though actual tournaments with table top lipstick cameras can.

[/ QUOTE ]

blasphemy!!

Alobar
04-02-2005, 03:50 PM
rounders was actually a good movie. As far as the poker aspect goes, it is HORRIBLE, but thats not what the movie is supposed to be. For what it is, it is a very good movie.

pokerkai
04-02-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its been 7 years since Rounders, and decades after Cincinatti kid. With the poker craze going on, millions of players playing online and watching tournaments on TV.

I bet if Rounders 2 or something similar came out at the theaters, it would be a smash hit.. why not email the studios to help it happen sooner.. dont you agree? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask and you shall receive...
The Next Great Poker Movie...LUCKY YOU (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338216/)

lefty rosen
04-02-2005, 05:29 PM
I found the poker scences in rounders fairly realistic. Maybe everything was one big stereotype, but to the unitiated they would seem cool. A Big Hand for a Little Lady was a very good poker movie. Also the Sting had the coolest poker scence I have ever seen. The best gambling movie in my opinion is California Split. I don't even think the movie is a poker movie per say, it's just a realistic movie about pathalogical gamblers......

balkii
04-03-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ROUNDERS 2: THE ROUNDENING

[/ QUOTE ]

fuucking hilarious

KneeCo
04-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Supposedly, James McManus' "Positively Fifth Street" is being adapted.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0399505/

GrandmaStabone
04-03-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask and you shall receive...
The Next Great Poker Movie...LUCKY YOU (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338216/)

[/ QUOTE ]

Set among the poker tables of Las Vegas, Huck Cheever (Bana), tries to beat the odds and his own demons in order to win a world championship.

JohnnyHumongous
04-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Finest poker movie ever is "The Music of Chance."

Mr. Graff
04-04-2005, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Finest poker movie ever is "The Music of Chance."

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a good read too.

KKbluff
04-05-2005, 06:48 PM
I can tell you one of the worst poker movies..."FINDERS FEE" starring van wilder, the slc punk guy, and james earl jones. Its soo bad its almost funny. The best is when they are all trying to play "unlimited texas poker" (they dont even know what they are doing when they play cards, its great lol)

sthief09
08-10-2005, 01:30 PM
I liked rounders

does that make me gay?

Grisgra
08-10-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rounders was actually a good movie. As far as the poker aspect goes, it is HORRIBLE, but thats not what the movie is supposed to be. For what it is, it is a very good movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep hearing this, and don't understand the criticism. TILT, that was horrible poker. Rounders, though? There may be a couple eyebrow-raising moments here or there, but otherwise, it didn't seem too far off.