PDA

View Full Version : Flopping the ass end

NateDog
04-02-2005, 02:39 AM
This hand got me to thinking . . . is my skirt too short?

Villain is a TP-P 9/0/1.1 thru 45

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

FishHooks
04-02-2005, 02:44 AM
definatly bet the river on this one, other than that its fine. Value bet Value bet Value bet, takes a while to learn, but once you do +EV.

cmwck
04-02-2005, 02:47 AM
Why not raise the turn as well?
You have everything beat except exactly AK.

DeuceKicker
04-02-2005, 02:48 AM
Raise the turn. 45 hands isn't enough to pronounce this guy a nut-peddling rock.

If you're not going to raise the turn AT LEAST bet the river when he checks it [edit: oops, he didn't check twice... but still bet!]

NateDog
04-02-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or JT, QT or TT, but other than that, yeah, you were right. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

NateDog
04-02-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or JT, QT or TT, but other than that, yeah, you were right. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ] or QQ &amp; JJ for that matter, as he doesn't raise much.

Isura
04-02-2005, 11:21 AM
I like the turn call. But you have to bet the river here. Villian doesn't seem like he'd try for check-raise on the river, he probably has AQ, AT, or QJ when he checks.

As an example of why value betting is correct, consider this scenerio: Suppose villian feels he has the better hand 50% of the time (a reasonable guess in this hand). And assume he check-raises the river 50% of the times he thinks his hand is good. The 50% when he thinks he's behind, he check-calls. He actually has a worse hand 66% of the time (verify!) that he checks the river. So value betting is clearly correct when he checks.

Now, we assumed that villian check-raises 50% of the time he feels he is good. But most players (especially a tight passive) would check-raise here less than 25% of the time. This makes value betting even more correct.

BriPlay
04-02-2005, 12:16 PM
i agree.
you gota worry bout why he's in this hand..but when he checks river..thats a green light. If by some miracle he check raises you on the river..only K9, AK or fh beats you..i think you gotta call..he might have KT AT, etc
thanks for the post!
Brian

radek2166
04-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Im not sure this is a tough 1. I assume that you raised to get the guys out behind you? Good raise!! Turn you called OK no Biggie.

The river I bet that, reason being you will be showed a 2nd best hand here more often than not. If I get raised I curse and call.

Greg J
04-02-2005, 12:33 PM
I don't believe he has AK or a boat until he caps my 3 bet on the turn and bets into me on the river.

Perhaps a pretty little bow for you hair?

Guthrie
04-02-2005, 02:43 PM
K9.

joeski19
04-02-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps a pretty little bow for you hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty funny! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good hand to post though.

dkernler
04-02-2005, 05:07 PM
I hear Banana Republic has some nice short ones in their new spring line.

Seriously, SB could have a wide range of hands. (Since he's only completing and not calling a full bet.) On the turn, you're ahead of AQ-AT, KQ-KT, QJ, and a couple others. You're behind AK, K9, QT, JT, TT and the less likely QQ or JJ. I think a raise seems in order, but I'm not sure what to do if I get 3-bet.

Since you called, definitely bet the river when checked to. And call a raise.

EDIT: Missed QQ and JJ as possibilities, though not likely.