PDA

View Full Version : SB Steal--- In your opinion, what does this typically mean?

MAxx
04-02-2005, 01:36 AM
49 hands vs BB. He is avg for what I have seen of his play. 33/8/1.8. He has shown agression on flop and turn, but pretty passive on river. He will showdown a little light, but hasn't done anything unreasonable. Hands that he has shown down seemed played pretty ABC. With only seeing 49 of his hands, and him seeing flop with only a third of those, and then him only showing down a third of those... this is a limited read... of course. Anyway this is just my way of saying I think he is somewhat ordinary.

So on avg what does his flop c/r and turn check mean to you? FWIW, I planned on folding to a turn or river bet unimproved. Do you think on avg, this guy just caught a little piece of the flop and then chickened out a little on turn a bit, saw I had little interest, and then value bet his little pair on river? Or do you think on avg he has nuthin? Or do you think he has a monster? Or maybe rivered a T? Just seems like a pretty common situation that got my curiousity.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: (4 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

kiddo
04-02-2005, 05:09 AM
If he is hit by any low pair, checkraises flop and then check turn when a 9 hit he is doing a serious misstake. If he only got overcards and try to move u off your hand its also a big misstake checking.

That leaves straightdraw or a big hand. I would check turn with my straighdraw, and probably call river because he will steal often enough.

If u bet turn and he cr again u will not have odds to call with your straightdraw.

kiddo
04-02-2005, 05:10 AM
By the way, I love players who play a big hand this way. "Tricky" guys are leaving a lot BB at the tables.

cartman
04-02-2005, 07:08 AM
I would say his hand was certainly pretty weak at the time he checked the turn and one of the following things happened:

1) the T helped him on the river
2) The fact that you checked the river made him feel better about his little pair
3) He decided to bluff on the end (unlikely I think)

Cartman