PDA

View Full Version : I could not have played this worse if I tried

MathMagician
04-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Villian is tight passive 17% VPIP in 62 hands he's won an amazing 100% of showdowns. (7% Went to SD)

Bisons converter doesn't seem to work on Cryptos? So I'll fake it...

Texas Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1)

BB: Villian ($49 in chips)

UTG+1: HERO ($113 in chips)

dealt to HERO 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

HERO: calls $1

Ok normally I don't play this especially in EP, but the table was playing very tight and I felt like seeing a flop.

MP2: calls $1

Button: calls $1

BB Villian: checks

FLOP Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villian: checks
HERO: bets $4
MP2: folds
Button: folds

Villian: raises to $15

This is where I turn in to a jellyfish - no spine rookie.

HERO: calls $11

TURN Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif

Villian: bets $23
HERO: calls $23

RIVER Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

Villian: bets $10 and is all-in
HERO: folds

Villian collected $77.50 from Main pot

Soooo, besides the obvious, folding preflop...

I think I should have pushed on the flop reraise. I have to be favored against anything villian reasonably has here. Do you agree?

tbach24
04-02-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I should have pushed on the flop reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definetly. I'd give thought to open pushing as well. I'll look for the thread I started that discussed it.

Edit- here's the link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2018917&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)

Tilt
04-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Yes, push the flop. Your many outs + fold equity make it a high EV play. Your a 53% favorite against something like KQ with a spade.

edge
04-02-2005, 12:47 AM
Definitely reraise all-in. You want to get all the money in on the flop when you have a huge draw, since the turn could easily kill your action (flush hits), bust you (flush hits and he had A/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif), or force you to call with bad odds (rag hits). Stack sizes are great here for pushing after his checkraise; with deeper stacks, you may have to play it a bit differently, but here it's an easy move.