PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

GanAnim
04-01-2005, 11:42 PM
The past couple of weeks have just been brutal. I usually play poker stars, $30 or higher, nl sit and go's. The players are just awful lately. I feel like I'm playing on a $5 sit and go's. I've been playing on-line four a couple years now and haven't ever taking this many beatings. Any help on weathering the storm would be greatly appreciated!

kyro
04-01-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any help on weathering the storm would be greatly appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep playing?

apd138
04-02-2005, 12:20 AM
I was taught that if I don't have anything nice to say to not say anything at all.

johnnybeef
04-02-2005, 12:34 AM
my friend you are experiencing a downswing. my advice to you is to keep on chugging away, you will get through it. that being said, you must not let it affect your play. when you are through it you will be a better player because of it. in fact, it is my opinion that experiencing and understanding variance is a necesarry step in a poker players education.

keep your chin up,
johnny

SNOWBALL138
04-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Over the past week, I've been getting killed by bad players. I'm down about 20 buy-ins or so. It really sucks.
I could swear that its variance at work, and not just a selective memory. Lastnight, I even hit a jackpot-type hand. My aces full got beat by quads /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyway, as brutal as this downswing is, I'm gonna try and not be mad. I think that bad players have the right to win once in a while. If they didn't ever win, then the only people I'd be able to play against would be people who are better than me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, I'm gonna review my hand histories and see whether I have been doing anything extremely stupid lately. I know it hasn't been tilt b/c I've been getting better at not tilting lately. I suggest you join me in taking this downswing as a learning experience.

It lets us:

appreciate the upswings more

improve our game by using introspection

become emotionally stronger, more stable, and more clear headed.

Ok, good luck to you in sticking with it.

raptor517
04-02-2005, 09:16 AM
sigh.. do i need to make another post about variance? 20 buyin downswing IS NOT A BIG DOWNSWING. i see one of those probably 3-4 times a week. AT LEAST. variance sucks, yea, but thats how poker is. enjoy the suckouts, its +ev long term. 3uo

J-Lo
04-02-2005, 12:00 PM
can u link me to your variance downswing post.

And you experience 3-4/week? Is your ROI <10%? You play 300/week? You play the $109's so those are downswings over $2k, how much do u keep in each online poker account? I'm transitioning between the $22's and $33's.