PDA

View Full Version : Best drunken late night debauchery food....

STLantny
04-01-2005, 11:27 PM
My vote is White castles....if you are unlucky enough not have one in your city, I pity you.

jason_t
04-01-2005, 11:37 PM
I think that White Castle is limited to the Upper Midwest and the Upper Atlantic states, especially New Jersey.

And if you are in New Jersey, the best drunken late night debauchery food is to go to a diner.

Elsewhere, meh. Pizza, I guess.

wAzZu24
04-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Theres a Jack in the Box really close to our college campus and its got a 24/hr drive thru so its pretty much the main place for drunken debauchery.

STLantny
04-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Jack in the box is also a good one.

istewart
04-01-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And if you are in New Jersey, the best drunken late night debauchery food is to go to a diner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Emmitt2222
04-01-2005, 11:46 PM
I heard waffle house from many people, but have never done it myself

Victor
04-01-2005, 11:59 PM
when i read ur title i immediately thought of white castle.

word.

ethan
04-02-2005, 12:02 AM
El Cotixan (small chain of 24-hour burrito places, all in or near San Diego. It's almost enough to make me move there.) The closest I have nearby is Benito's, which is a highly inferior burrito but still good.

bogey
04-02-2005, 12:07 AM
philly cheesesteaks

end of thread

whiskeytown
04-02-2005, 12:12 AM
there's a chinese place in Dinkytown that's open till about 1:45am (plenty of time at old bar close of 1am, but not as much anymore...gotta leave before last call)

a nice big box of chicken fried rice hits the spot after a good night of drinkin...

RB

thatpfunk
04-02-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
El Cotixan (small chain of 24-hour burrito places, all in or near San Diego.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know EXACTLY what you are talking about. White castle? hahaha.

jason_t
04-02-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
El Cotixan (small chain of 24-hour burrito places, all in or near San Diego. It's almost enough to make me move there.) The closest I have nearby is Benito's, which is a highly inferior burrito but still good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy s[/i]hit that is a strong rec. I have to make it down to SD now. PETCO Park and El Cotixan here I come.

ethan
04-02-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy s[/i]hit that is a strong rec. I have to make it down to SD now. PETCO Park and El Cotixan here I come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the lunch burrito. Their hot sauce is good too.

A friend of mine from undergrad lives 2 miles or so from one, and I'm down in SD reasonably often. We'll end up drunk and at El Cot just about every time.

ethan
04-02-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
El Cotixan (small chain of 24-hour burrito places, all in or near San Diego.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know EXACTLY what you are talking about. White castle? hahaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I laughed too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The cheese-steak is a good recommendation, but it's hard to track one of those down at 4am here.

BWebb
04-02-2005, 01:22 AM
I always love breakfast food after getting trashed. Nothing sounds better when drunk than some hash brown and sausage covered in ketchup and a side of toast.

Aukai
04-02-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jack in the box is also a good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich Combo- best... drunk food.... ever.

B Dids
04-02-2005, 01:38 AM
Am I the only person who goes to nice places (Charlies in Seattle) and has steak?

BWebb
04-02-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person who goes to nice places (Charlies in Seattle) and has steak?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are the only one getting drunk that early /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ethan
04-02-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm going to be drunk at a steakhouse, I tend to get drunk _at_ the steakhouse rather than doing so before. I'll occasionally grill myself some 3am ribeye if I'm at home, but the neighbors complain if I'm out on my patio with friends that late.

Bastards.

Corey
04-02-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
El Cotixan

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Day after: Broken Yolk in PB

willie
04-02-2005, 01:46 AM
garbage plate

how can you possibly beat a garbage plate! get f'n real!

unappetizing as it may sound, it's a western new york staple

macaroni salad/homefries, over 2 cheeseburgers, covered w/ ketchup and a "hotsauce" that is this greasy meatsauce. it's sick. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ethan
04-02-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
El Cotixan

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the Red Fox for the 6am Bloody-Mary happy hour? ($1 per).

MowrMowr
04-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Gravy fries!

Corey
04-02-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
El Cotixan

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the day after food I was thinking about, but that is the best place
for such debauchery (only managed to do it once in my time there)

ethan
04-02-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the day after food I was thinking about, but that is the best place
for such debauchery (only managed to do it once in my time there)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never actually lived in SD, but most my trips down there have involved drunken entertainment. I've only been to the Red Fox once as well. Quite an evening:

LA->Party in SD->coffee->Tijuana->strip club with ugly strippers->strip club with hot strippers (Lord Black's, IIRC)->US border->coffee->Denny's->Red Fox->beach (w/more liquor/wine)->finally pass out at 3pm.

As birthday parties go, it was pretty sweet. The encore's coming up April 9, and we aim to top it.

sfer
04-02-2005, 02:53 AM
A burrito from Pancho Villa on 16th and Valencia in San Frandisco.

xpander
04-02-2005, 03:10 AM
All we have is [censored] taco bell.

ethan
04-02-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude. my condolences. that's just terrible.

nothumb
04-02-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you are the only one getting drunk that early

[/ QUOTE ]

Nuhh unhh.

If not eating classy, Awful House is the clear winner.

NT

JoeC
04-02-2005, 03:56 AM
Waffle House. Or barbecue from Time Out on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill, NC, which I just polished off a plate of. That is all.

jason_t
04-02-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Waffle House. Or barbecue from Time Out on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill, NC, which I just polished off a plate of. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't there a really awesome brewpub a couple of blocks from Time Out?

turnipmonster
04-02-2005, 04:22 AM
wow, I have eaten at time out like 500 million times. the cookie sandwich thing is awesome, as is the mac and cheese!

gamblore99
04-02-2005, 04:31 AM
its definitely not brown rice.

man i really need to go shopping

beerbandit
04-02-2005, 09:44 AM
the best answer seems to be dennys

JoeC
04-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Are you referring to Top of the Hill or Carolina Brewery? Top of the Hill I hear is good, but very tough to get into if you're under 21... not so sure about Carolina Brewery, I'm actually going there tomorrow though.

jason_t
04-02-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you referring to Top of the Hill or Carolina Brewery? Top of the Hill I hear is good, but very tough to get into if you're under 21... not so sure about Carolina Brewery, I'm actually going there tomorrow though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange. I remember the name "Top of the Hill" but I looked on a map and Carolina Brewery is where the brewpub that I was thinking of is. Perhaps I was at both but was too intoxicated too remember. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

spamuell
04-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Schwarma. Or if not then a kebab. Yeah, I'm British.

CrazyN8
04-02-2005, 12:54 PM
We have a sports bar here that is trouble for me if I get drunk...they have the best hot wings I have ever had.

When I was in SD, I ate at a place called juanita's (almost every day)....I thought the california burrito was heaven all wrapped up... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nothumb
04-02-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Making me homesick. NH.

NT

wacki
04-02-2005, 03:21 PM
You're from North Carolina? Why did you move to NE?

stankybank
04-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Alberto's - Carne Asada Burrito & 3 rolled tacos w/ guacamole.

Tommy's - Chili Cheese fries w/ onions & Chili cheeseburger or chili cheese dog.

gvibes
04-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Gumby's Pokey Sticks.

Maybe Hippie Hash and fried mushrooms at the Fleetwood Diner in scenic downtown Ann Arbor (in honor of today's hash bash).

stankybank
04-02-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

.........not even a del taco?

stankybank
04-02-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Theres a Jack in the Box really close to our college campus and its got a 24/hr drive thru so its pretty much the main place for drunken debauchery.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much the only place near any college late at night that's open. oh yea, 7-11 as well.

I remember eating jack-in-da-crack so many times that I actually started memorizing the combo #'s and didn't have to look at the menu to decide which combo I wanted. I already knew the # and total before I got there. fun times. do they still charge a quarter for extra house dressing?

thatpfunk
04-02-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god, I hate that damn place /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. I know I'm having waaaaay too much fun if I am outside waiting for it to open with a bunch of guys that cheer when the bartender pulls up.

jakethebake
04-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Taco Cabana. And it isn't close.

NLSoldier
04-02-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Went to el cotixan for the first time last night after reading this thread. Excellent suggestion! Bigger and better burrito than santanas for a lower price.

xpander
04-02-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

.........not even a del taco?

[/ QUOTE ]

A what? /images/graemlins/mad.gif