PDA

View Full Version : raise or go for overcalls?

mlb3zr
04-01-2005, 11:22 PM
<font color="black"> Opponents are pretty standard LPP, mostly content to call down to see the river. I've been winning quite a few hands at the table, so they're starting to fold to my raises pretty regularly.

PRE-FLOP
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, 4 folds, SB calls $0.25, hero checks (10/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif).

FLOP (4SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif,9/images/graemlins/heart.gif,A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets $0.50, all call.

<font color="blue">Probably should have bet the flop since I really don't want it to get checked around and I don't want to rely on others to do the betting.

<font color="black">TURN (4BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif,9/images/graemlins/heart.gif,A/images/graemlins/heart.gif,6/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets $1, hero...

<font color="blue">So I make my straight and am bet into. If I raise, I'm pretty sure UTG and MP1 will fold. So do I raise or just call and go for their overcalls? A raise probably won't get rid of anyone holding 2 hearts, which is the only hand I don't like. If I call, what's my plan for the river?

toss
04-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Raise, the boards dangerous.

btspider
04-02-2005, 12:20 AM
raise, don't get fancy.

bottomset
04-02-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raise, don't get fancy.

[/ QUOTE ]