PDA

View Full Version : KK first hand of PP 20+2

brassnuts
04-01-2005, 10:55 PM
As I said, first hand of a Party 20+2.

Everyone has t1000, 10-15 blinds

I get red kings in SB.

Folded to CO who limps, Button folds, I raise to t100, BB calls, CO folds.

(t215) Flop is 433 two diamonds.
I lead out and bet t225. BB calls.

(t665) turn is a 9d.
I bet all-in for 675...

Comments?

sbu97
04-01-2005, 11:29 PM
I think I would have done what you did, except that my raise pre-flop might have been more like 60-80. LL Tournaments on PP are hard because who knows what the hell some of those players have. It's almost impossible to read his hand at this point, because alot of these players play small pairs or Ax, anything suited, so maybe you were beat by three of a kind or full house, flush, he also could have had almost any pair. The fact that he called your big raise pre-flop would scare me, but he might have thought you were stealing. I had a similar situation on the 20+2 with red AA, and the guy turned over a pair of sevens! After a few rounds, you can make better decisions, but before that, who knows. Sorry I couldn't offer more. It's just too early for me to tell. I'll be interested in what others have to say.

brassnuts
04-02-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be interested in what others have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, not much.

GutPunch
04-02-2005, 05:34 AM
I would have lead out with maybe a pot size bet or 2/3 size bet, he either has you with that flush, and will call your allin, or does not have you, and will fold whatever he has to your allin

PktAcesSoWht
04-02-2005, 02:10 PM
I think that after he calls the flop pot bet that you should have checked and folded on a turn bet. I think it is too likely that you are beat here and going all-in is just too risky on the first hand in this situation.

I think the flop bet is too much as well. Given the texture of the board I might just bet half the pot here, or even chk it.

Roman
04-02-2005, 02:30 PM
I bet ~150 on flop, betting so much is a good way to fold out most hands that you dominate completely. The fact that you have the Kd makes it allright to check call turn, but I would prolly bet ~325 into the pot on the turn, calling a push.